About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
Being an inclusive company isn't optional. For us, striving for equality is just as much of a business imperative today as it was 50 years ago when we started out. We are inclusive, by design. We're working every day to build a more inclusive workplace where all employees are seen, heard and valued and that means creating systemic change within our talent practices. The Lead of Diversity & Inclusion Strategy, Executive Talent Acquisition is a newly created role sitting within Portfolio Search, Gap Inc.’s executive recruiting team. We are increasing our investment in diversity recruitment so that we can continue to bring impressive and diverse talent into teams across the organization, in support of Gap Inc’s commitment to double the representation of Black and Latinx employees at all levels in our U.S. HQ offices by 2025.
As the Lead of Diversity & Inclusion Strategy, you will be responsible for helping to build and implement an overarching Diversity & Inclusion recruitment strategy that supports Gap Inc.’s Equality & Belonging goals as they pertain to executive level talent. You will also build strategies alongside complex searches and projects across functions, ensuring there is a D&I thread, across all of the work we do in Portfolio Search. You should have expertise in inclusive recruiting, as well as an established network of talent across industries. You will be responsible for collaborating internally across the global talent acquisition team to support process improvements, and with our Equality & Belonging team to align on strategies, programs and relationships. You will lead our D&I recruiting strategy, including partnering with business leaders and external partners to develop and launch programs and processes, fostering a diverse pipeline of talent at the leadership level.
What you'll do
- Design, launch and scale a robust inclusion and diversity recruiting strategy focused on expanding the pipeline and better engaging, supporting and hiring top talent from underrepresented backgrounds
- Develop and employ effective sourcing strategies that deliver high caliber and diverse talent for current and future needs across functions
- Manage partnerships and build relationships with internal and external D&I partners, including professional and alumni networks and organizations
- Deliver specialized industry trends, marketplace insight and competitive intelligence to help drive inclusive recruiting strategies and educate internal partners
- Partner closely with key stakeholders to align executive level D&I recruiting programming with overall company and business goals, ensuring collaboration across recruiting, retention and advancement efforts; partner with the employer brand team to ensure inclusive language and messaging is in all hiring materials
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and/or 10+ years’ experience leading recruiting efforts in a corporate environment with a focus on D&I recruitment
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing the programmatic strategy to support the build out of diverse talent pipelines, including partner engagement and inclusive hiring practices
- Highly developed and demonstrated capabilities scaling talent acquisition programs focused on enhancing diverse talent pipelines and partnership
- Deep experience and understanding of inclusion and diversity strategies to attract, engage, support and hire candidates from underrepresented backgrounds
- Experience developing relationships with external partners to advance company inclusion and diversity initiatives and goals
- Certified Diversity & Inclusion Recruiter (CDR)
- Knowledge of EEO, ADA, and employment laws
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs