About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Manager of Outbound Capacity & Performance Management is responsible to define and enable the strategic design of our Outbound network, enabling innovative delivery solutions and supporting the growth of e-commerce and increasing demand for speed solutions. This role will build solutions to enable optimization across our outbound Parcel, Ground and Store Delivery operations in North America. With a highly analytical mindset, and strong executive presentation skills, the ideal candidate will build and enable decision support tools and processes that evaluate multi-node transportation service levels, model future network strategies, and delivers crucial capacity planning across our outbound shipping network. This individual will partner directly with Supply Chain Strategy, Customer Experience, and Supply Chain Analytics teams to provide input required to support the development of our brand and ecommerce strategies.
What you'll do
- Build and leverage critical decision support tools and processes which enable visibility and response to network capacity, demand and performance as well as strategic modeling to define network optimization opportunities.
- Provide thought partnership to functional leaders throughout Global Supply Chain to define, develop and drive key business priorities to support Gap Inc. goals, including solution innovation, program / change management.
- Develop and refine project scope, structure, and approach. This includes frameworks, quantitative and qualitative analyses, and capability roadmaps. Identify key issues and present findings to cross-functional leaders.
- Manage documentation of existing operating model constructs, including process mapping, RACI, analytics and tools, and manage development and execution of process and capability improvements across relevant functions.
- Anticipate roadblocks and proactively address issues before they impact business results. Ensure relevant programs/projects are on track, including budget, timeline and scope.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, to prioritize, and adapt to a changing environment.
Who you are
- 5+ Years Transportation/Logistics, Supply Chain, Engineering or related industry experience.
- 3+ years Project Management experience.
- Logistics systems user experience (TMS, WMS, Freight Optimization, Load Planning) preferred.
- Understanding of transportation regulatory concepts/ requirements & retail experience.
- Must be able to travel 20% annually.
- Required to support/ work non-traditional hours as business dictates.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs