About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
In this role, you will be responsible for being a strategic business partner to our Distribution Center leadership team through consultative relationships with business leaders and their respective teams, acting as a trusted partner, change agent, and advisor to unlock potential, influence, and challenge to drive business results. You will try fast, learn fast, think big by being a problem solver and driving towards solutions with speed.
What you'll do
- Develops and sustains consultative relationships with business leaders and their respective teams, acting as a trusted partner, change agent, and advisor to unlock potential, influence, and challenge to drive business results.
- Drives talent initiatives with speed and agility to meet key business metrics internally and externally.
- Proactive and collaborative advice and coaching with leaders. You will be responsible for understanding the operating model of the business, providing leadership perspective, strategic thought partnership and engagement with other functional leaders while leveraging deep and broad human resources experience.
- Lead a customer curious team where there is a high level of engagement with employees towards fostering positive working relationships while driving a high performing team.
- Establishes and maintains effective partnerships while influencing business partners through open communications.
- Lead and develop a team to support effective execution of all objectives and enable professional development and career growth for team members.
Who you are
- 5-7 years Human Resource experience; Distribution experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of HR practices including: Performance and Change management, Leadership Coaching, Employee Relations, and Compensation.
- High level of personal and professional integrity and ethics (authentic, compassionate, genuine and honest); good communicator; good listening skills and problem solver.
- Strong business orientation drive for results, and desire to win; Comfortable driving change and embracing innovation in face of ambiguity and complexity.
- Proven experience in managing others including ability to coach, develop, provide direction, recruit and retain top talent, understand resource capability and successfully drive results working with direct reports.
- Maintains a global perspective and is culturally sensitive and aware (adjusts personal style to different cultures and styles of work); Welcomes a diversity of ideas, approaches and points of view.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs