Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About the role
This position is a great opportunity to get started in Retail finance with the Gap Company Planning Team. This position is Omni and will provide exposure to both North America Online and Stores forecasting and planning. The position will work collaboratively with business partners across the organization to drive decisions aimed at maximizing sales and profitability. This role will have exposure to a variety of cross functional teams like Inventory Management, Marketing, and Executive Leadership for Gap Brand.
What you'll do
- Learn and utilize numerous forecasting techniques (builds, comps, trend projections, etc.) to identify the range of possible outcomes
- Learn the Online Demand Waterfall and help to analyze risk and opportunities in the various phases of ecommerce
- Partner with Inventory Management to ensure merchandise plans/forecasts align with the total company's plan/forecasts
- Maintain, create and adapt company planning tools and processes to drive efficiency
- Facilitate the communication of detailed and complex financial data into relatable information for a variety of cross functional teams
- Develops, maintains and ensures data integrity of relevant forecasting and reporting tools
- Bring ideas to drive the business, create analysis and iterate on the ideas and make successful adjustments
- Own Daily/Monthly Omni Sales forecasting Canada market, Essbase Corporate submission Loads/Ad hoc data pulls, Online Returns Analysis, Excel/SharePoint/PowerPoint template creation, MicroStrategy data Pulls, Adobe Omniture analysis
Who you are
- Advanced competency in Microsoft Excel. PowerPoint, Essbase, Adobe Analytics, Power BI, Microstrategy experience a plus
- Strong attention to detail and ability to identify trends and irregularities in data
- Self-motivated: you should have a strong curiosity for retail finance/ecommerce and what drives financial success
- Good Communicator: Ability to distill large amounts of detail/data into bigger pictures/themes. Must be able to work with a wide variety of cross functional partners
- Ability to manage multiple work streams/projects (including ad hoc requests) with tight timelines
- Strong desire to perform at a high level and consistently improve in forecast accuracy, process efficiency, and to learn
- BA/BS with emphasis on finance, business, statistics, economics preferred. MBA a plus
- 1-3 years work experience with forecasting required. Inventory Management experience preferred
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs