About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Consumer Insights function at Gap Inc. is a critical part of defining our path forward. Through rigorous analyses, creative thinking, and deep partnership with the business, we develop a customer-focused strategic direction for our company. The Insights team reports to the Head of Data and Analytics and into the Chief Growth Officer and provides strategic support to our CEO and Brand and Functional Leadership Teams.
As a UX Researcher, you will be part of the Consumer Insights Digital and Innovation team and will play a critical role in driving strategic initiatives that support Gap Inc.’s OMNI channel and innovation priorities across our portfolio of brands. You will work with cross-functional business partners including central functions (UX, Product Management) and brand business partners (strategy, digital, stores) to conduct fast-paced, iterative concept research, often on low fidelity prototypes to gauge customer reaction. Your role is strategic and hands-on, where you might be testing digital designs remotely one week, and new shopping experiences in-stores the next.
By uncovering what consumers want, why they want it, and how to best meet their needs, you will help to deliver on the ongoing transformation to more customer-centric decision-making in the business.
What you'll do
- Lead end-to-end research to support our OMNI strategy initiatives which include study design, moderation, synthesis, and presentation of insights
- Participate in design sprints with cross-functional business partners where you will test and iterate in a fast-paced environment
- Support cross-functional workstreams; able to effectively manage multiple projects
- Help create, organize and lead cross-functional workshops to socialize customer pain points turning problems into How Might We statements (design thinking)
- Collaborate across Data & Analytics team, and leverage other insights (e.g., social insights, Adobe Analytics, Medallia) to tell the bigger picture of not just what users say they do, but what they actually do
- Be the SME in all things usability, including knowledge of when to use different methodologies depending on goals; UX benchmarking a plus
- Provide actionable recommendations that are impactful to the business and move the needle on customer experience
Who you are
- 3-5+ years professional experience in User Experience Research, Design Thinking, Marketing Research, or Consumer Insights
- 2+ years specifically in User Experience Research (usability research planning, executing, reporting) or agile research methodologies
- A strategic & analytical mind with proven experience applying structure to answer complex questions and able to synthesize information into a clear, simple story
- Visual story-teller – strong ability to turn insights into a visually digestable story that drives empathy and promotes action
- Positive attitude, scrappy ‘get the job done’/can-do-anything, creative problem-solver that collaborates effectively with others
- Design experience a plus (to support testing and deliverables)
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs