About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
As the Senior Analyst of ONOL Strategy, you will play a key role in identifying short- and long-term opportunities to drive sales growth and profitability at Old Navy Online. You will be responsible for performing quantitative and qualitative analysis to provide insight into issues affecting online profitability, synthesizing key findings and recommendations and working with cross functional partners to implement solutions. You will also be responsible for identifying and spearheading digital business development initiatives that align with Old Navy’s long-range plans. In this role you will report to the Senior Manager of ONOL Strategy.
• Understand the various financial and operational levers that impact e-commerce profit through data analysis and research
• Build analytical frameworks to identify risks and opportunities in the Online P&L, develop workplans based on findings and summarize recommendations to leadership
• Develop strong cross-functional relationships and collaborate with key stakeholders to help implement scalable solutions
• Create a lens for digital merchandising teams to understand profit through tool enhancements and new dashboards
• Identify market share opportunities through financial analysis, competitor research and market due diligence
• Stay up-to-date with trends in e-commerce and technology with line of sight to how market changes will impact ONOL
• Establish financial and operational viability of new digital business opportunities and develop internal processes to support
Who you are
• Demonstrated track record as an outstanding problem-solver and strategic thinker
• Able to quickly identify key issues, develop hypotheses, and bring structure to ambiguous environments
• Very strong analytical and financial modeling skills, with deep understanding of how to link strategy to financial plans
• Able to synthesize disperse information into innovative insights, translating complex ideas into simple, actionable plans
• Strong retail business acumen with demonstrated understanding of consumer-facing businesses; P&L experience preferred
• Self-motivated, results-oriented and able to manage workload and handle simultaneous projects
• Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency with data systems; advanced Excel skills
• 3-5+ years of professional work experience, preferably with experience in ecommerce or management consulting
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs