About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Digital Performance & Growth team works with the central and brand business teams to deliver and foster successful usage of commercial retail technology with a focus on helping to discover breakthrough business impact. Our goal is to continuously improve the commerce platforms through accelerated adoption of off-the-shelf tools and services, along with the support required to enable continued growth.
We are seeking a Growth Manager of Site Optimization to work across the organization with both central teams and brand partners to execute cutting-edge personalization experiences that will grow business in our brands. The Growth Team is a key function within Digital Performance & Growth, on the front lines of Gap Inc’s Site Optimization initiatives and Ecom Operations support. As a Growth Manager of Site Optimization, you will help business stakeholders decide the best approach for personalization strategy and manage the execution lifecycle of the customer experience by working with marketing, insights, design, product management, development, engineering, and other cross-functional partners.
We partner with brands to evangelize, educate, and engage teams on personalization capabilities to ensure their needs are met, and influence roadmaps that cater to the needs of the business. This person needs to quickly understand the business objective, build project plans, and own execution and delivery. Additionally, this role will assist in informing brands of emerging personalization capabilities and be responsible for communicating progress updates.
What you'll do
- Maintain the company’s approach to supporting Personalization initiatives by playing a key role in our Personalization Pod teams and day-to-day execution
- Build and scale best practices to provide strategic initiatives, optimization ideation, development and QA support to a variety of eCommerce partners
- Lead and collaborate with a cross-functional team of Marketers, Producers, Analysts, Developers, execute experiments for our business partners
- Take vague ideas or requirements for a testing concept and turn that into a recommendation of how to frame the experiment from an experiment design and development standpoint
- Understand our tech stack and personalization capabilities and advise on feasibility and execution
- Help build and scale a Digital Site Optimization practice that provides strategic ideation, design guidance, development and QA support
- Sit in daily standups and working sessions where you’ll discuss the status of experiments in the design/dev cycle and strategize on future experiments
Who you are
- 5+ years of experience working in eCommerce and/or web optimization (retail a plus)
- Excellent project management & communication skills and technical aptitude required
- Advanced understanding of A/B testing methodologies
- Experience writing requirements for front-end developers and QA instructions
- Understanding of web analytics and key performance metrics that digital and retail companies use to measure test results and business performance; ability to provide strategic recommendations based on results and drive action
- Ability to build strong relationships with a variety of your stakeholders, from executives to developers to marketing and product managers
- Experience with Content Management Systems, Audience Management Systems, and AB testing tools
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative and fast-paced remote environment
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs