About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
As a key member of the Gap Inc. Finance Leadership Team and critical business partner to the Old Navy Leadership team, the Old Navy Vice President of FP&A is responsible for end-to-end financial planning and management, overseeing the brand long range plan, budgeting, and in-season forecasting for both the P&L and Capital. Reporting to the SVP and CFO of Old Navy, this position is responsible for FP&A, Control, and Field Finance, and plays an important role in analyzing business trends and influencing executive decision making at the highest levels of the company.
What you'll do
- Work to build and maintain the Old Navy financial long range plan, incorporating the impact of key brand and corporate strategies to create a financial roadmap that meets strategic objectives and delivers shareholder value
- Lead the team responsible for the annual budget process for Old Navy, partnering with Brand and Corporate Functions to consolidate the total brand annual financial plan and communicate to Senior Management
- Consolidate the finance forecast, identifying key business trends and drivers of performance and proactively communicate them to senior management
- Drive focus on stakeholders (customers, partners and competitors), foster an entrepreneurial mind-set geared at problem solving
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with divisional and functional counterparts to understand potential issues and mobilize against opportunities
- Partner with Head of Stores and Store Operations to optimize ~1B in stores expenses through productivity efforts and targeted investments in customer experience
- Evaluate brand real estate strategies and capital investment opportunities, and provide recommendations on investment decisions
- Oversee development of presentations for the Board of Directors and Brand Management Team
- Continuously streamline processes to ensure efficient workflow
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance
Who you are
- 10-15+ years of financial experience, retail experience preferred
- BS/BA Required; MBA or CPA preferred
- Proven ability to connect the dots on how value gets created, drive growth, and profitability
- Ability to interpret and synthesize data into intelligent business decisions; ability to clearly communicate complex ideas
- Capable of strategically influencing business partners through diplomacy, building consensus, negotiating, and exercising leadership skills
- Ability to staff, motivate and lead department; ability to influence and drive strategy through cross functional teams
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs