About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
The Merchandise Assistant is a member of the Banana Republic Merchandising Team responsible for merchandising our products in our North America stores globally as well as our online site. Strong product merchandising and analytic skills are key to ensure success in this role.
What you'll do
- Work effectively as a vital member of the Women’s cross-functional team by communicating clearly and focusing on team objectives
- Create, enter & perform in-season updates to product information in multiple databases
- Plan and prioritize workload to meet deadlines and increase efficiency
- Perform general administrative duties for merchandising team as needed
- Maintain reports and tools, as needed by merchandising team
- Manage and track samples
- Keep samples organized and up to date for use in merchant presentations, visual set-ups, and seasonal marketing
- Complete seasonal projects for merchandising team (ex: trend and competitor research)
- Assist in the development of the product assortment, key item positioning, and ensuring that the collection is compelling, commercially viable and supports overall business objectives
- Attend cross-functional meetings and class reviews to stay abreast of any changes in assortment and strategies
Who you are
- Advanced computer skills and proficient in Microsoft applications – Excel, Word & Outlook— with an aptitude to learn new systems.
- Experienced & comfortable communicating via multiple channels via Zoom, email, and in prepared documents & presentations (word, ppt etc)
- Strong organizational and planning skills to ensure timely and accurate execution of responsibilities with an impeccable attention to detail (clear formatting, typos, system entry)
- Demonstrate strong ability to be financially responsible and understand financial implications of mistakes
- Strong ability to identify and execute priorities with a sense of urgency.
- Strong communication and relationship/team skills
- Handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with the ability to shift gears at a moment’s notice
- Excellent verbal and written communication and follow-through skills
- 4-year degree preferred
- Retail experience preferred
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs