About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
We are storytellers. We inform, inspire and unify all who live, shop + steward our portfolio of purpose-led, billion-dollar lifestyle brands. Reporting to the Senior Director, Corporate Communications, the Manager will develop and implement strategic and holistic communication programs, including media relations, crisis management and internal communications strategies that enhance the company’s reputation with all stakeholders. The manager will help elevate the voices of the CFO, Chief Growth Officer and other senior leaders, in service of Gap Inc.’s growth strategy and business objectives, through engaging events, narrative development, presentation and more. The successful candidate is a curious storyteller who works with senior executives with confidence, collaborates effectively within matrixed teams, and shapes compelling content across multiple formats and channels. As part of a high-performing team, the candidate will have a bias for action and be comfortable working in a fast-moving environment. They will bring a solid understanding of the executive communications function, a command of corporate and financial communications, including a working knowledge of the business media environment.
What you'll do
- Build and manage proactive communications plans in support of our strategic goals and business results -- including content, execution timelines, and distribution strategies -- internally and externally, across all audiences and channels.
- Work closely with investor relations team on financial-related efforts including earnings announcements, investor conferences, media interviews, and support of written materials such as press releases, earnings scripts and Q&A.
- Collaborate across multiple teams: Interface with, and provide support for, various groups including the CFO, Chief Growth Officer, IR and other corporate function leads. Work closely with broader corporate public relations and executive communications teams on key initiatives. Work with agency partners and internal stakeholders to ensure consistency of corporate messaging across Gap Inc.
- Help develop and deploy communications to showcase successes to employees, media and the industry, including annual reports, investor day and our annual meeting of shareholders.
- Support crisis response, working with Communications Leadership Team to manage crisis response initiatives, develop response strategy and execute accordingly.
- Use metrics and reporting to track internal results, measure effectiveness, and identify needs: measure and track results; prepare presentations and reports for executives; and leverage results to make recommendations and refine communications approach.
Who you are
- An individual contributor who is curious about our business and is confident and responsive working with executives.
- Minimum 5 years of business communications, public relations, internal communications or integrated marketing communications experience.
- Strong business and financial acumen. Strong analytical and project management skills, proven ability to design and communicate clear processes, and a detail-oriented yet flexible approach to problem-solving.
- Exceptional verbal communications, writing (AP Style), interviewing and editing skills with unrelenting attention to detail. Must love to write.
- Proven ability to clearly and succinctly develop communications that will resonate with all stakeholders, leaders, employees, including in a large, global, dispersed organization.
- Knowledge of varied communication delivery vehicles to reach both internal and external stakeholders, including social tools and platforms.
- Positive, driven and energetic team player; able to roll-up his/her sleeves to get the job done. Strategic thinker and strong implementer with an all-in mentality. Passion and spark for helping to create a winning culture!
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs