About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
We are looking for Operations Strategy teammate who can help set and drive Gap Inc.’s operational strategy and optimize delivery across our portfolio of Brands. In this role, you will identify and implement large company-wide programs, evaluate operational interdependencies, and assess opportunities to improve our end-to-end capabilities. Our team works in partnership with Gap Inc.’s COO across our portfolio of brands to deliver our products to customers. In this role, you’ll collaborate, influence, and strategize with cross-functional partners to understand their business priorities, design business solutions, and lead implementation. You will be responsible for leading large cross functional progams, developing detailed analyses and executive level presentations, and driving stakeholder management to gain alignment and buy-in of said strategies and plans. We are looking for someone who loves to jump in, problem solve, and drive change across the organization.
What you'll do
- Own and manage strategic programs, leading cross-functional project teams in evaluation of hypotheses, strategic analysis / planning, and operational execution to further Gap Inc. goals and priorities
- Design and manage a cross fuctional program governance structure, inclusive of stakeholder / leadership engagement, analytics, and metrics to drive decision making
- Serve as liason to brand leadership teams, and own all program executive-level communication and escalation
- Anticipate and escalate inter-project dependencies and risks, proactively address issues, and assist in development of mitigation strategies
- Develop, track, and communicate program / project status, including progress against budget, timeline and scope
- Independently develop and refine project scope, structure, and approach, including frameworks, quantitative and qualitative analyses, and capability roadmaps
- Lead change management activities, including assessment of change readiness and deployment of tools / trainings across key stakeholders
Who you are
- MBA +6 years of experience in strategy / management consulting, retail / consumer products or similar strategic role
- Experience in apparel operations, supply chain, and / or retail stores a plus
- Experience leading large program management efforts including establishing effective governance structures, cross functional coordination, and executive stakeholder management and reporting
- Strong critical thinking and business curiosity, including exceptional analytical and creative problem-solving skills, strong ability to work with complex and detailed data to drive insights and decisions
- Strong relationship-building skills and experience working closely with senior executives and cross-functional partners to influence strategic agendas and operationalize key strategic initiatives. Proven and motivational leader with excellent managerial skills and a keen interest in developing team members
- Comfort with ambiguity and a dynamic business landscape. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, to prioritize, and adapt to a changing environment
- Fluency in Excel and PPT; adept at analyzing data and developing executive-facing presentations. Aptitude and willingness to “get one’s hands dirty” and deep dive into details
Notice to applicants in San Francisco: Gap Inc. and its related brands will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Fair Chance Ordinance is provided here: English Spanish Chinese Tagalog
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs