About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
Provide daily administrative and project support to Senior Vice President Human Resources – Operations, Digital & Tech, Strategy, Growth Functions. This role will act as a trusted partner to the Head of HR for Operations, Digital & Tech, Strategy, Growth platform functions for Gap Inc., by supporting but not limited to the following high-level activities; administrative duties (75%), HR special projects and planning (25%). In this role, you are responsible for administrative support to the numerous functions and organizations in partnership with the Head of HR, as well as assigned HR project work. This role is ideal for someone interested in learning about Human Resources with a focus on HR project work in an effort to build HR skills and career opportunities over time.
What you'll do
- Calendar management, schedule appointments, make travel arrangements, complete expense reports and create presentations.
- Plan for department/function meetings and coordinate meeting logistics for large teams that require travel.
- Email review of executive’s in box to pro-actively follow up or bring attention to time sensitive or urgent matters.
- Maintenance of financial reports or other business information that is updated regularly for executives.
- Order office supplies, equipment and the processing of invoices/ purchase orders.
- Collect and maintain monthly department organizational charts for the brand.
- Oversee and coordinate space planning needs of departments.
- Act as a liaison between function head and department for all communications.
- Work closely and develop relationships with numerous vendors.
- Provide ad hoc support to leadership teams functions, departments, and administrative assistants.
- File maintenance, process mail, copying, etc.
- Projects as assigned by LT members and new members of their team.
- New hire on-boarding (Technology set up, Introductory meetings scheduled, iProcurement, iExpense and travel training).
- Update organization charts, phone and email distribution lists monthly.
- Department resource and point of contact to teams, functions and business partners on behalf of leader.
Who you are
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to communicate and build partnerships with all levels of management
- Ability to anticipate needs and issues
- Proficient and advanced computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and deadlines; time management skills
- High degree of professionalism and confidentiality
- Normally receives little instruction on daily work, general instructions on newly introduced assignments. Works on assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations
- Ability to understand how various pieces of the business fit together
- A demonstrated team player with ability to resolve conflict
- Deals with ambiguity well
- Attention to detail
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to teach others how to navigate or get information
- A team player with ability to resolve conflict
- Strong service orientated
- Positive Attitude
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of related experience, preferred
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs