About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Service Support Operator provides a high level of support for internal Store and Gap Inc. employees located in the North America and Europe markets focused on the technical resolution of issues impacting stores with a higher level of customer service. They use critical thinking skills, resourcefulness, and probing questions to identify affected devices and applications while expressing empathy for the customers' situation. They participate in or lead small functional groups to assist in the installation or assessment of technology or the onboarding of new contractors to the team. The position's home location is Rocklin, CA.
What you'll do
- Research, diagnose, resolve or escalate technical and procedural issues from multiple service channels using support tools and documented process.
- Maintain your personal ticket counts driving issues to resolution, and assisting product teams in gathering additional information to support the stores.
- Review call driver data and assist in identifying, tracking and escalating problem trends and training issues, communicate trends and opportunities to appropriate leaders.
- Participate in or leads small subject matter expert groups, working to help troubleshoot, implement, or knowledge transfer as appropriate.
- Meets and helps drive goals for customer service standards, department service levels, and issue resolution rate while maintaining personal standards.
- Communicate to employees with an understanding of Customer Impact and a high level of Customer Service that is easy to understand and non-technical when troubleshooting and resolving technical issues. Utilize a third-party interpreter when applicable.
Who you are
- Experience with but not limited to 4690 and NT 4.0 network and operating systems, Laser Radio Terminals (LRT), Traffic Counters, scheduling, inventory, time and attendance applications, as well as desktop, network and host applications.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and analyze problems effectively.
- Strong communication and organizational skills are essential.
- Must possess the ability to multi-task and react quickly and professionally in high-stress situations.
- Minimum 1year retail field experience or Help Desk Industry.
- College degree preferred in Computer Science or related discipline.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs