About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Revenue Reporting and Analytics team is seeking a Staff Analyst to support financial analysis and planning for our unique and differentiated portfolio of brands. This is a high visibility role that works with business partners for all brands across different levels of the organization. In this role the Staff Analyst will prepare and maintain the monthly processes, forecast and budget for the loyalty programs. The Staff Analyst will perform analysis on financial data and explain fluctuations and variances with meaningful conclusion in order to support the business. In addition, the role will be responsible for providing support and coordination to the Payables and Revenue Department for non-standard brand initiatives. The Staff Analyst will use problem solving and critical thinking to develop effective solutions for both operational and financial functions on new non-standard initiatives.
What you'll do
- Perform all monthly reporting requirements for the loyalty programs, which include general ledger booking for specific balance sheet and profit and loss accounts
- Prepare and maintain the forecast and budget for loyalty program accounts and make sure to capture the impacts from changing business strategy
- Enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating revenue related data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format
- Perform ad-hoc business analyses, reporting and financial modeling as needed by management
- Work closely with internal auditors and the external auditors for coordinating audits and reviews
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with business partners at all levels of the organization
- Represents the Payables & Revenue function in support of non-standard process initiatives; uses innovative problem solving and critical thinking approaches to drive the development of solutions to effectively address new initiatives and requests that incorporate non-standard processes (both operational and financial)
Who you are
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field with 2-3 years of relevant work experience
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Intermediate knowledge of accounting including understanding of balance sheet and income statement
- Ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data
- Detail-oriented with ability to manage multiple priorities and adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated customer service and problem resolution skills
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs