About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Global Sustainability Sr. Analyst is responsible for supporting Gap Inc. social and environmental sustainability initiatives in the areas of progress tracking, data analysis, operations and communications. Duties include data gathering, analysis, and dissemination of program progress and insights. Audiences for this include the Global Sustainability and Gap Foundation departments, Gap Inc’s portfolio of purpose-driven brands, and other internal and external stakeholders. The Senior Analyst - Sustainability Data Insights will develop and own reporting of key metrics that influence program strategy development and enable program continuous improvement. Through extensive collaboration, this Senior Analyst - Sustainability Data Insights will also conduct ongoing data analysis and interpretation, consolidation of information from internal and external sources, and reporting of insights that assess the full impact of key company and brand-level sustainability initiatives. In addition, the Senior Analyst - Sustainability Data Insights will support department operations as needed – including assisting in the scaled implementation of sustainability programs to our suppliers and store operations, and developing procedures to standardize supplier and employee engagement.
What you'll do
- Perform analysis of sustainability programs to determine their effectiveness and progress toward stated goals.
- Research and implement new KPIs aligned with industry, stakeholder, investor and internal business efforts
- Maintain internal scorecards used to track sustainability progress of Gap Inc. and our Brands
- Support development of data management systems and processes to maintain data quality/integrity
- Support external sustainability communications, including sustainability disclosures (CDP, TCFD, SASB), and sustainability reporting (GRI)
- Support department operations as needed
Who you are
- At least 4 years of experience preferred
- Self-motivated with strong problem-solving mindset and ability to work independently
- Exceptional analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in project/program management, planning, strategic thinking, and continuous improvement
- Enjoy delighting internal customers
- Passionate about retail and social/environmental responsibility
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs