About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
The Associate Stylist is responsible for executing product styling for Banana Republic’s in-house Visual Studio. The Associate Stylist will work with our internal and external cross-functional partners to ensure brand aesthetics are applied consistently for the brand.
What you'll do
- Execute product styling consistent with the brands styling point of view, to include laydown, hanging, pin-ups, mannequin, on figure and special laydown techniques.
- Understand the marketing and merchandising seasonal objectives and executing visual direction based on those objectives.
- Collaborate and foster partnerships with online brand styling/creative team to promote/ensure product styling consistency across all channels by utilizing deep functional expertise to recommend and implement solutions.
- Create, maintain the support the brand product style guide for the e-commerce site and effectively communication changes to affected cross functional business partners.
- Assist with style outs for product photography on figure at our San Francisco photo production studio.
- Responsible for training stylist freelance talent.
- Drive photography workflow by assessing the volume and photography set requirements.
- Identify, document & presenting process efficiencies within the Styling/Photography workflow.
Who you are
- Ability to balance creative with strategic deliverables.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to form effective partnerships across cross-functional teams – Photo Studio, creative, merchandising, and marketing.
- Extremely flexible, detail-oriented, organized, and self-motivated with leadership skills.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable working with Capture One, Word, Excel, and ability to master internal databases proficiently. FileMaker Pro and databases in general.
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs