About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Talent Strategy and Operations team helps develop strategies, orchestrate teams, execute projects and determine key performance indicators in support of the short & long-term talent strategy. The Director, Talent Strategy and Operations – HR Optimization will actively work to streamline, modernize, digitalize and find additional ways to build capacity for the HR team.
What you'll do
- Build strategic plans & execute multi-brand company wide projects that have a significant impact on the efficiency of the People & Culture team – allowing the People & Culture team to deliver work faster and/or smarter to enable capacity building across the various teams
- Partner with heads of HR & process owners to understand priorities and goals to help guide key focus areas of opportunity; scope out capcity building areas, build internal & external solutions to solve
- Identify friction points in the employee experience; streamline touchpoints for a more cohesive employee experience
- Lead multi-brand company wide governance with policy owners to ensure ongoing alignment to address changes and potential impacts to process and/or sytems/tools. Capture and document all employee policies, keep up-to-date and ensure alignment with all key partners. Work to roll out policy changes as needed to ensure consistency, understanding and adherence of our employees. Proactively work to deliver solutions to address common HR-related employee questions
- Manage the relationship & delivery of our Human Resources Operations Center; ensure support teams are up to date on process / policy changes and work with internal partners to manage Gap Inc related workload
Who you are
- You can navigate a complex matrixed Brand and Inc organization
- You’ve demonstrated an ability to lead and influence across all levels of the organization without direct authority
- You have a proven track record of successful multi-brand company wide project management from planning, implementation, sustainability through to project close with high levels of ambiguity
- You have sound judgment skills with the ability to assess risk and take appropriate action
- You excel at analyzing complex data by identifying linkages between multiple data sources that tell a story and drive key people decisions
- Strong computer skills in Excel
- Strong math and quantitative skills
- Knowledge of HR data and systems
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs