About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
The Chief of Staff is responsible for enhancing the productivity of the Brand President and Old Navy Leadership Team through providing facilitative and operational support. The Chief of Staff plays an important role in delivering the Old Navy business strategy through the development and orchestration of process + work flow improvements, their ability to streamline and simplify the decision-making processes, and fluid movement of information across the organization.
The Chief of Staff will report directly to VP Strategy, and dotted line report to the Old Navy Global Brand President.
What you'll do
In partnership with Head of Strategy, own the tracking of brand goals and follow-up necessary for ONLT. Ensure the brand is tracking to and delivers the LRP + Brand Strategy. Keeps Brand President and key interdependent stakeholders appropriately informed but not in the day-to-day details of progress.
Own ONLT staff meetings and offsite agendas - aligned with the brand priorities and brand goals
Connect the dots - owns follow up and connection between Nancy + ONLT + SLT. Able to drive appropriate follow up on content and information cross functionally, to ensure Brand President is proactively set up for key meetings, deliverables, and engagements.
Establishes cross functional rigor on report development and share-out (as necessary)
Ensure messaging behind Old Navy is consistently threaded through all engagements - works with comms/strategy to ensure Brand President has appropriate level, detail, and messaging (scan the calendar, pull the necessary intel/messaging, prep the Brand President as appropriate).
Owns the development of strategic brand communication intended for Board of Directors, SLT, CEO or other key stakeholder engagements (owns building the board narrative, coordinating the cross-functional development of BOD and STL materials).
- Owns a strategic framework for how brand president is spending their time
- Preparation, advance planning, and facilitation of leadership team meetings; accountable for ensuring that the meeting objectives are realistic, the team is well-prepared and that action items and next steps are documented and tracked.
- Coordination/orchestration of projects or initiatives directly involving the President and direct reports.
- Maintain effective communications with the leadership team, providing awareness of critical issues confronting projects/initiatives and of the action plans for addressing those issues.
- Continuously identify ways to improve the team's operational work flow and drive process improvements.
- Work with cross-functional leaders to define, prioritize, and develop projects and programs.
- Act in a hands-on capacity responsible to drive day-to-day project activities and operations.
- Leverage business relationship management skills and the ability to understand and anticipate the needs of the respective business stakeholders.
- Track prioritization and execution of activities for implementation planning and program management.
Who you are
Results Orientation: Delivers beyond expectations and sets new and stretching goals for him/herself and the team. S/he will have a deep understanding of operational and process improvements that impact quality and execution and deliver continuous improvement
Process Management: Can identify and articulate the processes necessary to get things down efficiently and effectively
Planning & Priority Setting: Demonstrate an ability to set objectives and goals and organize work appropriately to meet and exceed goals
Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly and can andicipate future consequences and trends accurately; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods
Problem Solving & Decision Quality: Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions
Organizational Savvy: Able to build constructive and effective relationships and use them to maneuver through complex situations
Influencing & Negotiation: Can present ideas and directions that lead others to action
Risk Management: Anticipate risks and identifies contingency plans and processes to prevent disruptions when risks occur
Systems and Tools Acumen: Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and have aptitude to learn technical applications quickly
Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
Possess strong organizational and time management skills
Demonstrates strong listening, written and oral communication skills
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
8-10 years work experience, preferably in Retail +/or fast-paced industry
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs