About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The individual best suited for this role is a proven leader with a strong analytical background – ideally in a consumer facing industry – and willing and able to get his/her “hands dirty” performing quantitative analysis across various financial and operational metrics. In addition, he/she will function as a “change agent” to not only lead the execution of the analytical process, but also contribute to the development of the strategic questions and creation of strategy recommendations. The individual with this type of skill-set typically has a background in strategic finance, strategy consulting, or corporate strategy. Real estate specific experience is helpful although not required, but a passion for customer and retail is!
What you'll do
- Lead the development of growth and optimization strategies for Gap Inc. real estate portfolio through analysis of financial performance, co-tenancy, mall quality, competitor deployment, online demand, market demographics, etc.
- Build business cases for real estate strategic initiatives, using quantitative and qualitative metrics: ROIC, sales forecasting, financial modeling, P&L analysis, etc.
- Manage analytical staff, including hiring, mentoring and developing
- Conduct detailed market and competitive position research to support real estate recommendations
- Provide quantitative and qualitative analysis with regards to Gap Inc.’s brands, competitors, omni-channel performance and industry benchmarks
- Gather, organize, and utilize data from multiple sources to enhance Corporate Real Estate’s in-house market intelligence
- Identify and analyze risks and opportunities of cross-brand, cross-regional real estate portfolios through review of financial terms, lease metrics, Landlord and market strengths/weaknesses and Corporate/Brand priorities
- Proactively identify ways to improve current processes including best practices in data analysis
Who you are
- Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to synthesize financial and KPI analytics to tell a story and develop clear business recommendations – in both digital presentation (i.e. PowerPoint) and written formats
- Strong financial acumen coupled with the ability to explain financial concepts to non-finance business partners
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments – and comfortable “switching gears” as priorities change is a fast pace environment
- Advanced knowledge in Excel functionality and ability to utilize data for creative thinking; including Vlookup, IFTHEN, Pivot Tables, etc… and able to “slice and dice” large amounts of data with accuracy and efficiency and oversee analytical staff in doing same
- Strong PowerPoint skills and experience with Hyperion Essbase, PowerBI data analytics programs or ability and willingness to quickly learn
- BA / BS in Statistics, Finance, Statistics, Business Administration or another quantitative field; MBA a plus but not necessary with relevant experience
- Experienced leader of others in an analytical environment
- Minimum 6+ years professional experience in a strategic finance and/or analytics setting
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs