About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Consumer Insights function at Gap Inc. is a critical part of defining our path forward. Through rigorous analyses, creative thinking, and deep partnership with the business, we develop a customer-focused strategic direction for our company. The Insights team reports to the Head of Data and Analytics and into the Chief Digital & Technology Officer and provides strategic support to our CEO and Brand and Functional Leadership Teams.
As an Analyst, you will play a critical role in discovering quantitative insights and crafting stories that inspire action. You will help to influence the business through primary research including research via our Net Promoter tracking program, as well as regular reporting. This role exposes you to the product, strategy, marketing, and other teams throughout the company. By uncovering what consumers want, why they want it, and how to best meet their needs, you will help to deliver on the ongoing transformation to more customer-centric decision-making in the business.
What you'll do
- Collaboratively develop surveys designed to deliver compelling findings and recommendations
- Perform quantitative (and qualitative) analyses to uncover fact-based insights on the customer
- Synthesize disparate information, translating complex ideas into compelling, actionable recommendations that drive experiments, strategies and tactics
- Analyze and share out insights from our Customer Promoter Program tracking tool
- Create well-organized, visual and succinct presentations free from errors
- Proactively suggest improvements to reporting processes as you grow into the role
Who you are
- 1-3 years professional experience in Marketing Research, Consumer Insights, Strategy/Management consulting, and/or Analysis
- Skilled at conducting quantitative research and analyses (survey design, programming, analysis and reporting) as well as qualitative research and analyses (e.g., question design, synthesizing open-ended responses into themes)
- Proficient in programming & analyzing surveys using online survey platforms (e.g., Qualtrics)
- Strong writing, speaking, and communication skills (ability to synthesize information into a clear, simple story and visualize data)
- Strong ability and willingness to collaborate effectively; work well with others and is considered a true team player
- Positive attitude, scrappy ‘get the job done’/can-do-anything, creative problem-solver
- Enjoys learning from and teaching others
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs