About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
The Inventory Strategy group designs, creates, and implements inventory optimization capabilities that enable Banana Republic to manage business in a localized manner throughout the product lifecycle. Projects are designed to create sustainable competitive advantages that generate significant financial return and enhance the customer experience. The Snr Planner, Inventory Strategy will work within the Inventory Strategy team on projects supporting methodology development, process improvement, quantitative analysis, and technology/tool requirements. This roll will focus on Pre-Season capabilities – upfront financial planning and sizing.
What you'll do
- Develop key initiatives into strategies and strategies into results through structured approach, rigorous analysis, and proactive communication.
- Partner in the development and implementation of supply chain / inventory management initiatives that support overall company and brand objectives.
- Own and manage analytic approach, forecasting, and measurement methodology for inventory management initiatives.
- Identify and quantify methodology differences and impacts between current and future processes and systems.
- Provide research, analysis, and support for identifying, evaluating, and resolving strategic opportunities.
- Prepare presentation documents and present findings to all levels of management.
- Build relationships with and provide training/support to Inventory Management business partners and other brand stakeholders.
Who you are
- 3-5 years work experience required
- BA/BS with emphasis on quantitative skills in economics, industrial engineering, business, mathematics
- Excellent mathematical and statistical aptitude with experience in a non-academic environment required
- Experience in supply chain management / inventory management industry preferred
- Experience developing and working with inventory optimization and/or forecasting approaches for the retail industry
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with strategic and quantitative analysis – ability to gather and interpret data
- Strong research sources and modeling techniques
- Strong oral, written, and formal presentation skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas in simple ways to all levels of the organization
- Strong strategic thinking skills with ability to perform analysis at a low level of detail
- Execution and results focused, with emphasis on on-time delivery, ability to structure complex work streams and work independently and with teams
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs