About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
The Inventory Strategy group develops inventory optimization capabilities to create sustainable competitive advantage. Projects are identified to generate significant financial return and enhance the customer experience. The Planner is primarily responsible for researching business opportunities and ensuring the sustainable implementation of new initiatives. This roll will focus on Allocation and Basics.
What you'll do
- Assist in the development and implementation of inventory management / supply chain initiatives that support overall company and brand goals.
- Provide research, analysis and support for identifying, evaluating and resolving strategic opportunities.
- Prepare presentation materials and assist in presenting findings to all levels of management.
- Proactively surface and communicate business issues to develop best practices and requirements for inventory management processes.
Who you are
- Minimum 2 years experience, preferably with retail industry.
- BA/BS with emphasis on business administration, economics, research/management science or related field.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong oral, written and formal presentation skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas in simple ways to all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated conceptual and creative problem solving orientation with exceptional ability to create structured analyses from disparate sources of information.
- Experience with strategic and quantitative analysis – ability to gather and interpret data.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Execution and results focused, with emphasis on on-time delivery.
- Ability to structure complex work streams and work independently and with teams.
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs