About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
We are looking for Operations Strategy teammate who can help set and drive Gap Inc.’s operational strategy and optimize delivery from design to delivery across our portfolio of Brands. In this role, you will help identify key industry trends and innovations, as well as assess opportunities to improve our end-to-end capabilities to bring the right product to our customers in a faster, more efficient and seamless way. Additionally, you will help our brands and channels grow in smart and scalable ways via new markets and channels. You’ll collaborate, influence, and strategize with cross-functional partners to understand business priorities, design business solutions, and lead implementation across our portfolio of brands. You will be responsible for detailed analyses, executive level presentations, and stakeholder management to drive alignment and buy-in of said strategies and plans. We are looking for someone who loves to “get one’s hands dirty”, problem solve, and drive change across the organization.
What you'll do
- Provide thought partnership to and work closely with Operations and other functional leaders to define, develop and drive key business priorities to support Gap Inc. goals, including solution innovation, program / change management
- Support identification and execution of strategic projects, leading cross-functional teams in evaluation of hypotheses, strategic analysis / planning, and operational execution to further Gap Inc. goals and priorities.
- Develop and refine project scope, structure, and approach, including frameworks, quantitative and qualitative analyses, and capability roadmaps. Identify key issues, guide and execute analysis, develop conclusions, and present findings to cross-functional leaders.
- Manage documentation of existing operating model constructs, including process mapping, RACI, analytics and tools, and identify and manage development and execution of process and capability improvements across relevant functions.
- Support cross-functional teams in evaluation of hypotheses, strategic analysis / planning, and operational execution to further Operations and Gap Inc. goals and priorities.
- Anticipate roadblocks and proactively address issues before they impact business results. Ensure relevant programs/projects are on track, including budget, timeline and scope.
- Conduct modeling and analysis along qualitative and quantitative measures to inform business decisions.
Who you are
- MBA +2 years of experience in strategy / management consulting, retail / consumer products or similar analytic role.
- Experience in operations, supply chain, product to market processes for apparel retail specifically merchandising, inventory management, ecommerce and other relevant experience. Fulfillment, ecommerce and network planning prior experience a plus.
- Fluency in Excel and PPT; adept at analyzing data and developing executive-facing presentations.
- Comfort with ambiguity and a dynamic business landscape. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, to prioritize, and adapt to a changing environment.
- Strong critical thinking and business curiosity, including exceptional analytical and creative problem-solving skills, strong ability to work with complex and detailed data to drive insights and decisions.
- Strong relationship-building skills and experience working closely with senior executives and cross-functional partners to influence strategic agendas and operationalize key strategic initiatives.
- Strong project management skills.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs