About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
This position will perform invoicing and collections activity, ensuring all receivables transactions are recorded in a timely and accurate manner and that all receivables balances are accurately stated. This position will also prepare journal entries and aging reporting as required to support monthly accounting close. The position will be assigned varied work assignments with limited supervision. Conducts non-complex accounting activities.
What you'll do
- Prepare customer statements, invoices and credits as required
- Respond to customer inquiries in a timely manner
- Post manual transactions and payments to the AR subledger
- Transfer AR activity to the general ledger on a weekly basis
- Prepare journal entries as required during the monthly accounting close
- Perform ad-hoc reporting and support special projects
- Deliver excellent customer service to internal and external stakeholders
Who you are
- Knowledge of basic accounting including natural balances and financial statements
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate MS Excel skills (Pivot Tables, Formulas)
- Basic knowledge of MS Access preferred
- Accounting mainframe systems and or software experience preferred
- Demonstrated customer service and problem resolution skills
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs