About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
The Director of Banana Republic Operations reports to the Head of Banana Republic Strategy & Operations. This leader will run the day-to-day brand operations as well as lead enterprise-wide transformation programs. This leader will need to balance the immediate needs of ensuring continuous business operations across our product-to-market pipeline, while also leading the organization toward a more efficient and effective operating model. A balance of left-and-right brains, this leader will be as comfortable working with creative product development leaders as designing new tools to support our inventory management leaders. You’ll apply your abilities for strategy, planning, and execution to devise operational solutions. With a strategic mindset, this leader will be able to understand and integrate value-driving buying strategies into our product operating model. This position will require a strong understanding of the systems and tools behind our product lifecycle, and a desire to drive enterprise-wide transformational change by building capabilities through people, process, and tools. An understanding of the apparel product life cycle process across design, merchandising, inventory management, sourcing, and production is a plus. Lastly, this leader will work closely with senior leaders across the brand, with an ability to influence, align with stakeholders toward a common goal, and drive to results.
What you'll do
- Runs day-to-day brand operations, focused on product lifecycle process
- Leads enterprise-wide transformational initiatives, including capability-building across people, process, and tools
- Leads project management, taking initiatives from conception to launch
- Develops deep relationships with senior leaders to ensure buy-in and support of transformational programs
- Works closely with brand strategy team to understand strategic focus of brand and implement key strategic initiatives across product operating model
- Drive operational scale and efficiency
Who you are
- 10+ years of consulting and / or strategic business operations experience, ideally with knowledge of apparel product lifecycle
- Bachelor’s degree and MBA required
- Demonstrated success in operational excellence and performance improvement projects
- Strong enterprise-wide change management / implementation experience
- Exceptional problem solving and first-principles thinking; ability to frame ambiguous and complex issues across multiple stakeholders
- Turnaround and transformation efforts, including operating systems development and organizational restructures and effectiveness
- Process-oriented mindset and ability to lead people to get things done
- Strong influence skills and ability to work successfully with peers; a true team player
- Strong communications and presentation skills
- Exceptional excel tool-building skills
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs