About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Director HR is responsible for providing strategic HR business partnership that results in a high-performing, engaged workforce and a more productive and profitable business. Supporting the Central Region for Old Navy, this role contributes to the health and success of the organization by having a deep understanding of the business priorities and proactively collaborating with business leaders to identify, develop, and implement talent strategies that meet the needs of the business including ensuring that the function(s) has the right talent, structure and processes in place. To be successful, this role must develop and sustain strategic and day-to-day consultative relationships with business leaders and their respective teams and act as a trusted coach, advisor and confidant on business and talent related issues and opportunities. The Director must also build effective working relationships with Old Navy and Gap Inc. Communications and HR partners in Recruiting, Learning & Development, HR Operations, Compensation and Employee Relations.
What you'll do
- 10 years Field Human Resources management experience
- 5 years of experience leading teams
- Experience working with teams remotely
- Proven experience as a strategic business partner, understanding how to add value through focus on the business operations and objectives.
- Demonstrate organization and project management skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability; ability to successfully work under pressure and handle highly sensitive issues
Who you are
- Utilize understanding of the business levers (e.g. comp, store sales, conversion, and gross margin) to design and implement HR solutions
- Ensure end-to-end capabilities and processes are in place for HR direct reports and Operations leaders to achieve the HR strategy.
- Identify new, value-added work to improve results and reduce complexity
- Produce predictable results by holding HR team and Territory management team to agreed upon plan and measures
- Measure results of initiatives to identify opportunity for improvement to achieve increased satisfaction with products and services
- Support the business by insuring people initiatives are designed and executed to support growth and operating strategies for the stores organization
- Gain input from stakeholders (Territory President and HR peers) and effectively communicates the vision and business direction of the people strategy for the Market.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs