About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
Old Navy’s Marketing Effectiveness team is responsible for analyzing the financial impact of the brand’s marketing efforts. The team develops recommendations based on financial analytics and forecasts marketing sales contribution to guide total company sales expectations. Through in-depth quantitative and qualitative analysis, the team helps guide ON Leadership to develop the most profitable marketing campaigns, inclusive of discounting and media spend.
Reporting to the Manager of Marketing Effectiveness, the Senior Financial Analyst is the financial owner of the commercial plan and promotional strategies. They will be responsible for reporting, forecasting, and analysis on marketing event performance, along with supporting leadership with communication regarding all marketing and discounting activities. This role will support Omnichannel Old Navy with a focus on US and Canada Stores.
What you'll do
- Develop pre-season and in-season forecasts that maximize sales and margin while clearly communicating risks and opportunities to company forecast
- Hindsight business results versus forecast and last year on a daily/monthly/quarterly/ad-hoc basis to develop succinct, actionable go-forward strategies for ON Leadership
- Analyze day-to-day financial performance and dig into results to find insightful trends or anomalies
- Support marketing strategies by providing recommendations for future marketing investments
- Collaborate with Marketing, Merchandising, Inventory Management, and Store Operations leaders to develop promotional plans that maximize profitable sales growth through various marketing levers, including daily discounting, today only deals, and flash sales
- Partner with Old Navy Card/Loyalty teams to drive customer acquisition and retention through ROI positive incentives
- Partner with Media Marketing teams to analyze media ROAS by vehicle, including TV and Radio. Monitor results on a monthly basis and adjust go-forward spend and strategy to maximize productivity
Who you are
• BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business or related degree
• 2-3 years of experience working in a business planning and forecasting function (e.g. FP&A, demand/supply planning, corporate planning, or investment banking/consulting)
• Demonstrate strong analytical and strategic thinking, must have great attention to detail with the ability to dig deep into data while keeping in mind the primary business question at hand
• Self-motivated, curious, able to make quick and thoughtful decisions, follow through with responsibilities, and be accountable for results
• Results-driven with strong ability to analyze quantitative data to determine program effectiveness, ROI, forecasting
• Able to lead influential conversations with executive management and articulate financial concepts to business partners outside of finance in a clear and concise manner
• Proactive, thoughtful, & highly organized self-starter; able to manage multiple projects and work under tight deadlines while maintaining impeccable attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
• Comfort with ambiguity, ability to thrive in an environment with rapid change
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build constructive and effective relationships with peers, management, and various business partners
• Demonstrate strong listening, written, and oral communication skills
• Positive attitude and strong willingness to learn from others
• Competency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required, along with the ability to learn new applications. Hyperion Essbase and NOVA experience a plus but not necessary
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs