About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Los Angeles based with 117 stores across Gap Inc. Specialty brands in California Responsible for ensuring all company directed shortage, health and safety programs are implemented and executed in assigned region(s), this role may oversee increased complexity or market, broader geography, or both. Responsible for recruiting, training, developing and supervising Sr. Loss Prevention Managers, Loss Prevention Managers and Loss Prevention personnel. Developing the field organization in the area of Loss Prevention through training, communication and awareness programs. Responsible for ensuring losses of company assets are prevented, investigated, and resolved. Responsible for being familiar with all local government mandates and updates to local legislation within the region.
What you'll do
- Recruit hire and train direct reports. Identify top talent for next-level career opportunities.
- Responsible for developing and administering HiDP/IDP, quarterly check-ins, and annual reviews for direct reports.
- Ensure implementation and manage the execution of Loss Prevention training, Shortage Reduction programs and compliance of all current company health and safety measures for all levels of the field organization.
- Assess region needs to ensure Loss Prevention resources (CCTV, EAS, Trilogy Locks, manpower) are properly deployed.
- Conducts high-level investigations and interviews (grade level 6 &18) for inventory, cash loss, and breach of company policies and procedures.
- Contributes to Gap Inc initiatives and projects as directed by the supervisor.
- Offer recommendations and solutions in crisis situations such as workplace violence, protest and demonstrations.
Who you are
- Excellent communication, verbal and written skills, time management, and ability to prioritize / multi-task.
- Proficient in conducting investigations and integrity interviews.
- Basic knowledge of computer applications; ex: excel, word, and Powerpoint.
- High school diploma or equivalent, college degree preferred.
- Wicklander or Reid interviewing and integration certification preferred.
- 3-5 years of multi-store retail Loss Prevention management experience preferred.
- Ability to travel to stores within the assigned area, and maneuver around sales floors, stock room and offices.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs