About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
Responsible for leading the execution of projects, programs and Gap, Inc shipments to meet service and delivery requirements with the goal of optimizing cost and service performance. Role will be cross-functional involving Domestic Transportation, Campus Transportation support, Brand and carrier relations with a strong technical focus. This position will provide project status reporting, quality presentations, and analysis. This position will also complete process documentation, strategies and continuous improvement efforts related to best practices and operational excellence supporting North American Transportation.
What you'll do
- This position owns the relationship with external vendors/carriers and internal business partners. Carrier relations to manage carriers to guidelines, EDI compliance, reporting, performance, software integration, and customer service
- This position plans all modes of ground transportation within North America. Secure capacity to meet load demands, routing guide, dispatch matrix, vendor management, group email boxes, accessorials, forecasting, trailer pool management
- Owns operational accountability for Inbound/Outbound transportation for all modes with the ability to manage as support to all inbound ITO(s) and outbound campus transportation needs
- Utilize in-depth knowledge of transportation processes to ensure decision-making positively impacts performance and incorporate insights from industry and customers in decision-making
- Strong focus on data analysis, reporting, and presentations required for Domestic Transportation
- Own self-development through PPA process, monthly 1:1 touch base meetings (minimum frequency), Talent Profile update, GSC Leadership skills and planning professional developmental goals to increase functional expertise
- Generate new ideas, actively support change initiatives, and contribute to an inclusive work environment that enables diverse ideas to flourish
Who you are
- 3 years professional experience in Logistics
- BA/BS degree preferred
- Minimal Travel Required
- Flexible to work non-traditional hours (shift, weekend, and holidays) to support 24x7 operations
- Flexible to adjust hours/schedule on short-notice (same day/weekend) to support unplanned issue resolution
- Knowledge of Supply Chain, Transportation Management (TMS), Warehouse Management (WMS) and GT Nexus 3.0 processes and systems preferred
- Strong Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Strong Problem-Solving, Organizational, Planning, Conflict Resolution, Decision Making
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse team environment
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs