About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
In digital commerce at Gap, you’ll experience and drive scale, impact, and innovation. With one of the top-20 global eCommerce sites we’re amongst the handful of competitors who can – and must – be at the forefront of great digital experiences to thrive. We have a proprietary digital engine, integrated with a set of industry-leading third parties – that helps drive strong customer experience and is core to our customer strategy Gap Inc. Is looking for a User Experience Designer to help design our customers’ digital experience. You will create new ways of engaging with our family of brands, Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic, and Athleta —with a focus on guiding and inspiring our customers every day.
You will design for brand initiatives as well as centrally driven platform projects; collaborating with Product Management, Consumer Insights, Development, and Brand Stakeholders. A typical day could have you in research interviews, building out UX flows in Sketch or Figma, partnering with stakeholders to better understand their business needs, creating UI, or observing users as they navigate your prototyped designs. We’re looking for someone who has refined aesthetic and interaction sensibilities, a strong team spirit, and is passionate, curious, and results-driven.The designer will be involved in designing prototyping, creating visual design specs, and pairing with front-end developers to ensure quality. In addition, they will leverage our foundational design system and create a scalable design that can continually be built upon.
What you'll do
- Minimum of 3 years of UI Design/Product Design experience
- Expert in Visual Design, and able to apply elements from an existing Design System to ensure consistency with a broad suite of applications.
- Expert in Figma (or Sketch) for creating designs and prototypes. Proficient in higher fidelity prototyping tools such as Principle, Framer, Flinto, or Axure.
- Excels at pairing side-by-side with developers to ensure implementation meets the design intent.
- Demonstrable skills with reviewing developed work, providing pointed feedback and holding the cross-functional team accountable for delivering the application as designed – ensuring it matches the designs created.
- Communicate and collaborate with a cross-functional team to implement a digital product or service.
- Self-motivated, capable of adapting quickly to a fast-paced environment and managing several projects simultaneously, working in rapid iteration.
- Experience gathering input from end-users and conducting or participating in usability testing and needs-finding research.
- A portfolio demonstrating proficiency in visual UI design, with examples describing the challenge, process, solution, and outcome. Any information regarding research, testing, and thought processes will be most informative.
Who you are
- A strong UI design aesthetic; education/training in UI design or equivalent experience in producing visually strong UI design.
- Front-end UI coding skills; some experience coding their own UI designs.
- Knows how to utilize user research and data to understand and identify customer behaviors, challenges, needs, and desires.
- Capable of understanding and articulating the business need and the user need and translating both into an elegant solution that solves for both parties.
- Capable of both advocating for the user while understanding where to compromise to meet business goals.
- Outcome-focused team player who is comfortable with daily standups and is actively engaged in the full process to define and deliver the solution.
- Able to understand the short-term and long-term goals of a project and has the patience to work with the cross-functional team and a large set of stakeholders.
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills; the ability to communicate complex interaction concepts clearly.
- A Portfolio and Resume are required upon application of this position.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs