About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
This position is responsible for the end to end management of projects within the Logistics function, with concentration on material handling/automation projects. Scope of work entails definition of an issue, potential solutions, concepting of viable solutions, development of bid documents, participation in the bidding process, and overall responsibility for the implementation. Manager is expected to apply intensive project management skills along with in depth knowledge of Gap and industry material handling capabilities and equipment. Oversees major material handling design modifications and facility layout changes for all distribution facilities within the Gap network. Oversees the management of contracts in regard to these projects and oversight of all contractor activity and relationships. Provides direction and guidance to the operation teams in all facilities as to issues and solutions. Works with multiple other areas of the company to assure successful completion of the project.
What you'll do
- Work with internal and external groups to identify problem areas and develop solutions to arrive at a plan going forward, inclusive of schedule, scope of work and financial commitment
- Provide clear and ongoing direction and understanding to operational, GapTech, and multiple other areas of the business to inform of plans and requirements
- Responsible for performance of the project from a schedule and budget standpoint. Track budgets and assure all work is completed on time and within approved budgets
- Manage all outside contractors from a contract, financial, and performance standpoint. Monitor performance constantly to assure the planned final product
- Ability to handle multiple high velocity and complex projects while working independently to achieve results
- Self-starter to address issues as or before they arise and get them corrected – be a problem solver
- Stay in regular communication with operational management and others that are impacted by the project
- Keep informed of trends within the material handling industry and capabilities of suppliers
- Serve as material handling/automation expert for the organization, particularly within Gap applications
Who you are
- BS in Engineering or other Technical Fields
- 5 -7 years project management and material handling experience
- Distribution/Fulfillment background preferred
- In depth knowledge of material handling practices and capabilities
- Time management – ability to handle multiple high velocity, high impact projects
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Facilities Engineering expertise
- Knowledge and effective use of AutoCAD software
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs