About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The role of a Global Transportation and Operations Center Specialist supporting Final Mile is to execute department-specific functions to ensure Gap Inc. shipments meet service and delivery requirements with the goal of optimizing cost and service performance improvement. Primary responsibilities include: providing superior customer service by initiating proactive communication regarding delivery issues and initiatives to our U.S., Canada, Mexico, and Europe retail stores, brands, Corporate Leadership, Field Leadership, internal and external logistics business partners including Third Party Providers. The work performed by the Transportation Specialist ensures the successful movement delivery of all Gap Inc. product to our retail stores through our Third-Party Providers, and supply network to our retail store locations.
What you'll do
- Accurately communicate service and support improvement opportunities to the Operations Teams and/or Corporate Planning and Communications groups. Support Brand-specific initiatives and programs
- Ensure communication of all delivery changes and/or updates to all field, distribution, and planning personnel
- Act as immediate point-of-contact for issue identificationesolution and escalate as appropriate
- Staff Frontline Operational phone lines and email mailboxes to record, address, and update delivery issues reported from the field within 24 hours, to drive service improvement
- Align daily decision-making and individual performance goals with business strategy and operating plan
- Communicate opportunities to maintain/improve service and minimize costs in support of departmental budget
- Support multi language and culture customer base, utilize in-depth knowledge of transportation processes to ensure decision-making positively impacts performance and incorporate insights from industry and customers in decision-making
Who you are
- Effective Communicator, Problem-solver, Self Motivated, Dependable, and Team Oriented
- Computer Skills that include proficiencies in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Ability to work under pressure with high sense of urgency and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to concisely articulate/educate business partners on processes and work in a diverse team environment
- Ability to partner with peers and leadership on both day to day operations needs and additional duties, cross-functional support and projects
- Flexible to work non-traditional hours and adjust hours/schedule on short-notice (shift, weekend, and holidays)
- Experience: Two (2) years or more of Customer Service, Logistics, Transportation or industry related experience preferred
- Shifts: Sunday: 2 pm - 10 pm / Monday-Wednesday: 2 pm-9 pm
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs