About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
We are looking for a dynamic product leader who will guide the strategy and development for the eCommerce Shopping Bag, Checkout, and related experiences that serve our customers in the final stage of the shopping journey.
In digital commerce at Gap you’ll experience and drive scale, impact, and innovation. With one of the top-20 global eCommerce sites we’re amongst the handful of competitors who can – and must – be at the forefront of great digital experiences to thrive. We have a proprietary digital engine, integrated with a set of industry-leading third parties – that helps drive strong customer experience and is core to our customer strategy.
The Digital Experience & Commerce Product Management team at Gap Inc. is responsible for creating a best in class digital brand experience for our portfolio of specialty apparel brands: Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, Gap Factory, Banana Republic Factory, Janie and Jack, and Intermix. Your work will impact millions of people worldwide who love our iconic brands. We partner with business leaders and a global engineering team to build custom software that powers a $16 billion Fortune 500 apparel retailer.
We’re looking for a leader to drive the vision and execution of our critical lower-funnel web capabilities – the purchasing flow for one of the world’s largest eCommerce sites. You should be an accomplished product leader, experienced in making guiding product development, finding clarity amid competing priorities, with a sustained focus on business value, and what’s right for our customers.
What you'll do
- Manage a team of product managers, external agencies, and vendor partners to deliver outstanding Shopping Bag, Checkout, microservices, and related user experiences
- Champion our Shopping Bag and Checkout capabilities internally, helping advance the vision for this space, drive innovation, gather customer feedback and evolve our capabilities over time
- Continuously identify opportunities, analyze business benefit, evaluate ROI and prioritize and negotiate initiatives to develop a roadmap that delivers on our shared vision and strategy
- Build, manage, and develop a strong team of product managers that will help achieve the buy path vision for Gap Inc.
- Manage multiple, concurrent initiatives in various phases of ideation, execution, and delivery
- Partner with stakeholders across the organization including general managers, engineers, operations, marketers, analysts, and program managers
Who you are
- 10+ years of progressively relevant experience, 4-7 years of digital/eCommerce experience, 2-5 years of people management experience
- BA/BS degree or equivalent; MBA or technical degree a plus
- Hands-on experience delivering buy path capabilities at scale
- Data-driven mindset and track record of managing both custom-built and 3rd party software implementations
- Strong communication and partnering skills – experience communicating product strategies and tradeoffs to diverse audiences
- Excellent analytical and commercial experience – a track record of driving business value via effective product stewardship, understanding business impacts, and making data-driven decisions
- Experience building and growing strong teams – strategic hiring, coaching, and development of entry-level through senior product managers. Be versatile: able to prioritize/handle multiple initiatives in a fast-paced environment with tough deadlines
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs