About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The position plays a critical role in the enablement of the changing face of retail. This position is responsible for managing Gap’s information governance and corporate archive programs in collaboration with our legal privacy team. This includes developing corporate information policy, providing guidance to our business on managing its information systems and monitoring compliance with corporate standards. The role will work closely with the privacy legal team, digital product development teams, and engineering teams and requires familiarity and a high degree of competence in working with digital systems and databases.
What you'll do
- Manage day to day operations of the information governance (IG) program and supporting staff
- Establish IG policies, controls and schedules and support the implementation of data minimization efforts
- Project-manage various (IG) initiatives to implement effective solutions and process changes across the enterprise. Includes gathering and interpreting requirements from business partners
- Partner with IT to implement IG policies in systems and support archiving/decommissioning of systems and data
- Support company privacy initiatives using IG skills such as business process analysis and metadata mapping Assist with monitoring compliance with information governance and privacy policies
- Update and manage changes to IG policies and standards as the industry shifts and changes
- Support IG training and awareness efforts. Oversee and provide guidance to supporting staff on the strategic direction and services of the corporate archive
Who you are
Bachelor’s degree in Information Science, Computer Science, or related field required. Master’s degree in Information Science, Computer Science, or related field preferred
8+ years of information governance or IT experience required
Experience applying information management controls in Office365 environments
Project management experience including requirements gathering and solution design
Familiarity with taxonomy and metadata development standards and best practice approaches to records retention schedule review
Detail oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
A data-oriented approach to understanding business and information governance requirements and implementing solutions
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs