About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the role
The Creative Director oversees the entire internal creative department and responsible for the seasonal concept work that ties the season together as well as concepts stacked against monthly “big ideas”. This position will lead the team in creating concepts and pre-season designs that will bring each idea to life for the brand - demonstrating how this idea would show up in all areas withing the customer journey including - Site, Email, Media, Social, Direct Mail, Packaging, Retail. The Creative Director will be a dynamic creative leader who understands how to lead a broad and diverse group of talent, fostering a community of ideas and inspiration and developing talent to enable growth within the team and for the brand. This leader will create and foster the aesthetic vision for the brand with a deep understanding the Brand DNA and strategic vision. This person will be a visual storyteller with deep expertise in bringing a brand story to life through compelling, fresh design, photography and content marketing.
What you'll do
- Strategically push the creative integrity of all campaigns and deliverables to cement while meeting the business objectives with fresh seasonal creative.
- Evolve, own, and iterate on the brand visual identity and voice for multi-channel campaigns that touch all areas of the customer experience—including social, retail, web, experiential, and more.
- Have a true passion for retail, fashion, photography and design as well as being a true conceptual thought-leader, constantly anchored in Banana Republic’s essence while able to continuously refresh the brand’s voice over time.
- Lead and inspire a growing team of creative leads such as, art directors, copywriters, and designers to create first-in-class marketing for the Banana Republic brand.
- Partner with your creative team leads (production, creative studio, marketing operations) to identify the right frameworks needed to ensure the team has the time, tools, and process to facilitate impactful work.
- Leverage cultural and consumer insights to ensure all creative work is strategy-led and positions Banana Republic for growth. .
- Partner closely with Brand Marketing, Product, and other key stakeholders throughout the business to ensure creative output is highly effective while maintaining brand standards and innovation.
- In collaboration with Talent Acquisition, attract and recruit a team of top-tier creative talent across art direction, copy, and graphic design—continuously monitoring bandwidth and expertise needs.
- Operate at a highly visible and strategic level while managing a growing team of creatives—ensuring a high standard of execution while never missing an opportunity to mentor and motivate.
Who you are
- 15+ years experience in brand creative direction—both agency and in-house experience a plus.
- Experience leading photo and video production.
- Expert in the Adobe Suite, G-Suite, Keynote, and any other relevant tools needed.
- Compelling portfolio of distinctive work that elevates a brand’s creative experience.
- Demonstrated ability to foster an environment of creativity that pushes innovative ideas while guiding the team to connect with the customer and deliver on core brand attributes.
- You operate at an executive level with the ability to both mentor and manage.
- Extensive knowledge of channel best practices - you never push creative work forward at the expense of business goals.
- Experience in and comfortable working cross-functionally - especially with Brand and Product teams.
- Strong organizational skills, keen eye for detail, and ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Exceptional presentation skills with the ability to clearly and articulately explain your rationale and evoke excitement with your recommendations.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment where deadlines, priorities, and initiatives change frequently.
- Some travel required.
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs