About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Data and Analytics organization is chartered with unlocking the power of data to drive decision making and customer obsession across Gap Inc’s family of dynamic brands. This organization is also responsible for building the Data and Analytics Platform in partnership with GapTech (IT team) and scale our capabilities across the enterprise. The Decision Support team within the Data and Analytics organization drives value and innovation through application and delivery of analytics within our diverse specialty apparel brands and the functional areas of Product Management (PDM), Marketing, and Loyalty.
Reporting to Director of Decision Support, the Sr. Analyst for Decision Support PDM works hand-in-hand with Gap Inc. product management teams to influence and measure the success and evolution of digital and customer experience products in e-commerce, native apps, stores, marketing and payment technology.
The successful candidate is passionate about and skilled at telling stories and driving decisions with data. They are adept at accessing and manipulating complex, large scale data, and are eager to be a part of a digital-first, growth-oriented, data-driven team. Key areas of opportunity and focus include online and omni-channel personalization, customer loyalty, clienteling, customer lifecycle and lifetime value analysis.
What you'll do
- Access, query, aggregate, manipulate, consolidate and summarize omni-channel customer and visitor data from multiple large-scale data sources using data science tools.
- Listen to stakeholders‘ analytic needs and translate needs into analytic action plans.
- Perform, deliver and own data analyses to measure and monitor customer metrics and trends to inform and improve decision making and strategy for key stakeholders in Product Management.
- Partner with Product Management stakeholders, testing team and data science team to design, execute and analyze relevant hypothesis testing for emerging digital and store products.
- Develop and oversee product and customer behavior KPI monitoring systems by developing and evolving performance measurement dashboards and reporting.
- Collaborate with cross brand and cross-functional Decision Support team members to stay up-to-date on team initiatives and identify opportunities to contribute to the larger team.
- Continually learn about Gap Inc.’s data, systems and capabilities to continually improve your impact, influence and data storytelling skills.
Who you are
- 4+ years of experience in customer or product analytics, preferably in a multi-channel retail environment
- Proficient in data access and analysis methods for large customer and transactional data: Expert SQL skills and working experience with an array of data extraction, manipulation and summarization languages and toolsets such as R, Python, SAS, Databricks, Azure, Domino Data Lab, etc.
- Advanced Microsoft productivity suite tools Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Sharepoint, etc.
- Familiarity and experience using visualization and dashboard tools such as Tableau and Power BI
- Knowledge of retail (store experience included) and ecommerce customer domains preferred
- Curious, life-long learner, self-motivated and able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Strong business acumen, and superior written, verbal and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Data Science or other quantitative, technical, or social science field required. MS degree strongly preferred.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs