About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Global Supply Chain (GSC), a division of Gap Inc. is searching for a dynamic learning & development professional to design and deliver on-going training programs. This position is responsible for delivering multimedia based training programs using virtual and web authoring platforms and technologies. This role will use a variety of media to increase learning potential and enable GSC to promote a dynamic training network for digital and global expansion.
What you'll do
- Support the employee functional and organizational objectives for the GSC Logistics network by designing, developing and delivering training content.
- Onboard and train new employees on how to effectively perform their job; continuously monitor and assess performance against operational and behavioral standards.
- Design intuitive and engaging eLearning courses that support independent and sustainable learning.
- Facilitate virtual, on-the-job, and formal classroom trainings as needed.
- Under the support of the Instructional Designer: design course storyboard and develop multimedia based leanings to support virtual cross-site and in-person facilitation and partnerships.
- Partner with Instructional Designer to conduct needs, learner and task analysis to identify best training design and delivery method.
- Provide leadership as the central Learning and Development point-of-contact for the campusegion assigned.
- Communicate ongoing transformation efforts and updates to teams of their changing environment in order to instill accountability and support.
- Build rapport and trust across network to positively influence and impact organization to accelerate the change acceptance process.
- Partner with Instructional Designer to perform data analysis on performance patterns, learner retention, and application for improving training curriculum.
- Partner with Instructional Designer to assess return on investment (ROI) of training programs and identify solutions to improve training efficiency.
- Increase organizational performance results by exploring and developing new training solutions and initiatives.
- Utilize the Learning Management System to create courses and classes. Update classes with attendance and grades to ensure accurate reporting
- Work in close partnership with Operations to support the performance quality and efficiencies through appropriate and timely training interventions.
- Assist in the delivery of training sessions conducted by various business leaders (e.g. Merchants, Vendors, IT, LP, Safety, Finance, etc.).
- Partner with Instructional Designer, L&D Manager, department leaders and subject matter experts to ensure development is on course.
- Delivery of Gap Inc. training as needed.
- Maintain training standards provided by the Instructional Designer to meet prescribed timelines. Communicate any project roadblocks to L&D Manager.
- Delivery of training content which supports the organization’s functional and organizational objectives.
- Partner with Instructional Designer and L&D Manager to improve training effectiveness by identifying and utilizing new approaches and techniques. Continually suggest improvement for on-going/supplemental training programs.
- Identify critical issues and report them to the L&D Manager.
- Support the greater Global Logistics training design and facilitation as needed.
- Ensure effective communications—up, down, and across the business.
: Interact with all members of the Operations Team, Safety Team, Human Resources and key business partners.
Who you are
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Classroom Training Development, Virtual Course Design, eLearning Development, Multimedia Training Design, On-the-Job Training, video authoring and Instructional Design experience.
- Skilled in virtual and formal classroom facilitation.
- Strong understanding of training and adult education theories.
- Experience with performance management technologies, Microsoft Office products, HTML, and web authoring software.
- Excellent analytical, communications and decision-making skills.
- Strong instructional design/writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- PC skills: Microsoft Office—Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access or other software/database skills, photo and audio editing software, Adobe programs such as Adobe Captivate, Adobe Connect and PDF Writer.
- Excellent at utilizing resources and finding answers and solutions in ambiguous environments and complex situations.
- Highly self-motivated; takes initiative on own development and seeks new skills.
- Requires standing for long periods of time while training a class (5-8 hours per day).
- Requires an interactive, hands-on training approach through walking around the training environment for various periods of time.
- Ability to coordinate and setup learning environments, activities and materials.
- Ability to flex work schedule to meet business needs, including nights and weekends.
- Ability to travel in order support business as needed.
Minimum educational level:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years of training experience
- Knowledge of Learning Management System administration
- Knowledge of Contact Center and/or Distribution Center systems and processes strongly preferred
- Business knowledge of Manhattan Associates-Warehouse Management application preferred
This job description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. It is not intended include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs