About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Diversity Outreach Manager – Event Experience, helps bring Gap Inc.’s Equality & Belonging strategic priorities and key messages to life through live and virtual outreach events and experiences, connecting with strategic partners, diverse organizations and schools/universities over our shared passion points to create access to careers in fashion. This role is responsible for the strategic planning, oversight, and execution of enterprise diversity outreach events supporting the Equality & Belonging team’s 2025 commitments. We're looking for someone who has the big-picture vision to craft memorable experiences, the attention to detail to ensure seamless execution, the communication know-how to build excitement and anticipation, and a knack for capturing and collecting creative assets to support our storytelling.
What you'll do
- Partner with Sr. Manager, Diversity Outreach, Talent Acquisition and key stakeholders to plan, manage and oversee the execution and measurement of diversity events and programs supporting our 2025 workforce representation strategy.
- Manage the production and execution of events, including managing end-to-end experience; budgeting; defining and driving timelines; collaborating with internal customers; negotiating, coordinating, and working with outside vendors; and measuring the impact of an event towards achieving its desired objectives.
- Cultivate strong relationships with Equality & Belonging leadership team, Talent Acquisition, Communications, Network Groups, Color Proud Council and other stakeholders responsible for contributing to the success -- working across teams to determine the scope, goals, workstreams, and deliverables for enterprise diversity outreach events.
- Serve as an ambassador and represent Gap Inc. at diversity outreach events and activities.
- Develop an understanding of industry best practices and execute strategies to build upon our successes and continue to refine execution.
Who you are
3+ years of experience in employee program management, event management and/or similar experience
Exceptional project management skills: highly organized, detail focused, and results driven with the ability to plan, manage projects, and prioritize conflicting deadlines to deal with changing requirements and environment
Comfortable managing through ambiguity to define clear road maps, recommendations, plans and processes
Creative thinker willing to push the envelope and bring fresh, innovative ideas to life
Exceptional interpersonal skills and experience developing strong working relationships and collaborating across teams successfully and independently, including strong consultative and persuasive skills to work with external constituents; proven ability to manage client relationships/external partnerships
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs