About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
This position is responsible forcoordinating and executing the flow of all brands merchandise in and out of thecampus. This includes inbound scheduling and receiving, trailercoordination, outbound bill generation, outbound load dispatching, recordretention, ad hoc reporting and proactive planning. This position hasaccountability for meeting KPI(s), productivity and accuracy standards. This position can impact store payroll hours through BOL Dating Accuracy; In-StoreSuccess rates through on-time and accurate dispatching; and outbound line-haulspend by effectively managing trailer utilization.
What You'll Do:
What you'll do
- Research any trailer issues such as piece count discrepancies, inbound loads, incorrectly loaded trailers, and late dispatches to support leadership in identifying root-cause and future preventative measures
- Coordinate with multiple departments for non-merchandise delivery and pickups thru LTL carriers, parcel carriers and 3rd party vendors
- Communicate accurate and timely information to business partners in clear, concise, and professional manner thru email, telephone and in person
- Produce and distribute daily yard report to internal and external business partners
- Provide updates to Planning/ Load Control Center on outbound load status and initiate tracking of any late loads
- Perform daily transportation operational processes in compliance with Standard Operating Procedures with minimal supervision
- Recognizes and questions potential problems and situations and reports information back to leadership
- Comply with Gap Inc. and Global Transportation policy and processes to include records retention, transaction documentation, escalation guidelines, etc…
- Schedule and receive all inbound loads for the campus including setting and receiving in operating systems.
- Flag all inbound airfreight loads and notify DCs upon arrival to expedite processing
- Coordinate trailer movement to/from DC's and in yard with yard management system and verbal communication with yard drivers
- Maintain and update campus dispatch guides with load information and notify DCs when loads need to be closed proactively to ensure on time dispatch
- Generate accurate bills of lading in WMS and send load information through EDI to 3PL providers* (*Canada utilizes internal shuttle/shunt driver)
- Dispatch outbound drivers, provide bills of lading for trailer dispatch, gate out trailers from yard management system and file outbound paperwork
- Written notification of dispatches to offsite key contacts to ensure load tracking process is accurate and timely
- Verify all trailers are loaded correctly to the right provider with the right product for the correct in store date
- Own self-development through COMPASS, monthly 1:1 meetings (minimum frequency) and developmental tasks to increase functional expertise
- Support leadership team in on-boarding process and knowledge transfer by educating peers ew hires
- Collaborate and develop positive working relationships with others (peers, leaders, cross-functional partners and external providers) to achieve business results and process improvements
Who you are
- 1-2 years professional experience in customer service, Logistics, Retail, Operations, or equivalent education
- Proficiency with Windows Word, Excel and Outlook. Knowledge also includes BOL Builder, WMS, GT Nexus, GLV
- Strong Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Strong Problem-Solving, Organizational, Planning, Conflict Resolution, Decision Making
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Lifting- Ability to offload (lift, carry, push or pull) daily UPS/Federal Express deliveries/boxes up to 50 lbs. (10%)
- Standing, walking, bending or climbing steps (50%)
- Ability to sit/stand or be sedentary at desk for extended period of time (50%)
- Repetitive motion- typing, filing and writing (50%)
- View computer monitor for extended length of time, extensive reading and data analysis (70%)
- Ability to yard checks, open trailer doors, adding seals (10%)
- Ability to transload a trailer – unloading a trailer, loading a trailer of 50lbs or less (10%)
- Ability to use manual pallet jack
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs