We believe that being fit and active makes life richer and bigger than it could possibly be otherwise. And we’re always looking for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
Collaboration is a real thing here — because we know that individually we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable. Athleta is a certified B Corporation, which means that we put people and planet right up there with profit, and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
About the role
As the Senior Manager of Brand Experience + Influencers / Athletes, you will play an integral role in leading the development and continued evolution of the overall experiential marketing strategy and programs, including consumer events (virtual and in-person soon, we hope) and other marketing extensions that build brand love and reflect our brand’s mission – and the integration of high reach influencers (think celebrities, athletes, VIPs) to help put a microphone to this work. This position will collaborate with internal and external partners and will help to identify unique external opportunities to deliver against business objectives while carefully tracking budgets, determining success measures and analyzing results.
What you'll do
- Oversee Athleta’s athlete and celebrity/VIP influencer program strategy
- Seamless integration of Athleta athlete and celebrity/VIP partners into Athleta owned brand experiences to drive awareness and credibility for programming
- Partner with PR lead and agency to integrate high reach influencers into PR strategy and execution
- Develop creative seed ideas for experiences based on company strategies, messaging and program objectives
- Oversee all experiential event planning estimates and negotiate contracts for project scope, schedule and resource requirements ensuring programs are properly budgeted, estimated and scheduled.
- Lead integration amongst cross-functional partners (merchandising, creative, legal, finance, brand marketing, etc.) of existing and future programs to ensure strategy, awareness, consistent brand identification and the highest quality experience
- Contribute to creative design of each event environment to achieve business goals and purposes that align with company culture and marketing initiatives.
Who you are
- 8+ years of PR and events experience. Desired experience includes: Experience leading events in fast-paced large organization, and Experience leading influencers as a PR strategy
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results through coaching, innovation and accountability
- Quick learner and resourceful; able to prioritize effectively
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for the Fashion/Sports/Fitness industries
- Strong verbal, written communications and presentation skills
- Outstanding collaboration and project management skills, including demonstrated track record in managing complex projects across functional lines
- High level of ownership, accountability, initiative and drive
- Experience in budget planning and management
- Ability to travel
- BA required, Communications or Marketing desired
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs