We believe that being fit and active makes life richer and bigger than it could possibly be otherwise. And we’re always looking for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
Collaboration is a real thing here — because we know that individually we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable. Athleta is a certified B Corporation, which means that we put people and planet right up there with profit, and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
About the role
As the Human Resources Manager for the West Region Athleta stores, you are someone who thrives on building diverse and inclusive communities and teams of people who are connected to a movement: Igniting a community of active, healthy, confident women and girls who empower each other to realize their limitless potential. You will be a strategic business partner for West Region Athleta Field Retail Teams. The geography may shift at times, as well as the need to support additional functions as determined by the business. You’ll partner with the Regional Director to advance the talent management strategy that enables the team to attract, select, engage and retain the talent needed to fuel business growth and deliver the brand promise. You’ll accomplish this by building strong relationships, possessing a keen understanding of the business, building leader capability and leveraging an expert point of view.
What you'll do
- Be a resource to business Field Leaders on all aspects of organizational effectiveness, including: Recruiting/Onboarding, Performance Management, Compensation Strategies, ER issues/Coaching/Investigations, Talent Strategies, Leadership Coaching
- Leverage a combination of employee insights, organizational dynamics, data and your instinct to provide thought leadership to business leaders on organizational development and talent management needs.
- Work with the Field Business Leaders to identify and assess key leadership and functional competencies. Lead talent assessments (“Talent Exchange”) to create development and succession plans to leverage strengths and address skill gaps surfaced in the assessment.
- Identify and address people needs, provide innovative solutions that balance the needs of people and the business.
- Coach employees and managers regarding employee relations, career development, and performance management.
- Build relationships with employees and leaders within Athleta and across Gap Inc.
- Lead and/or support various HR initiatives for the field, the brand and the enterprise.
Who you are
You elevate others to excellence – You have experience coaching and developing capabilities and leading through vision and values.
You can juggle a lot – Fast is as slow as we go- you thrive managing multiple priorities, projects and competing demands.
You are an experimenter – Status quo is not the way you roll. Growth mindset, strategic agility, driving innovation, learning quickly and pushing for what’s possible is your norm.
You love the field – You love being in stores, you love being a strategic partner to the stores organization and you love effecting positive change across the fleet.
You know your stuff – You can hit the ground running in order to effectively support the Regional Director and other client groups - tactically and strategically.
Our mission fuels you – You have an authentic connection to our brand and our mission that helps you advance our culture.
Must be located in easy proximity to a major airportwithin the region.
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs