We believe that being fit and active makes life richer and bigger than it could possibly be otherwise. And we’re always looking for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
Collaboration is a real thing here — because we know that individually we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable. Athleta is a certified B Corporation, which means that we put people and planet right up there with profit, and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
About the role
The Growth Businesses unit within Athleta is a critical part of driving our brand forward and is focused on growing the business through new channels, new markets, and new categories. Reporting into the GM, Plus Sizing, the Senior Merchant, Plus Sizing will collaborate closely with the Product Merchandising and Design teams and work within the product development time and action calendar to plan, develop, source, and merchandise products for our Plus Size customers. The position will also work cross functionally with inventory management, production teams, web merchandising, visual merchandising and marketing to drive Plus Sizing specific initiatives forward. The position is multifaceted and will be evaluated on the ability to meet company top line and bottom line requirements as well as on the ability to create and drive innovative long range merchandising plans for the future.Driving Competitive Growth
What you'll do
Cross Functional Leadership
- Analyze business performance and apply key learnings to plan the Athleta Brand assortment for our Plus Size business in collaboration with the cross-category merchandising team to achieve corporate objectives
- Complete seasonal market insights and competitive analysis
- Collaborate with the Inventory Planning Team on key items, market trends and comp sales
- Develop in-depth customer knowledge and identify new product opportunities
Product and Brand Management
- Lead product cross functional team through key milestones and long-range assortment planning
- Influence pipeline process to help drive efficiency in product growth initiatives
- Drive communication related to assortment strategies to all stakeholders and ensure a consistent premium-category customer experience
- Work with Customer Service and Store teams to lead product training for our Plus Size assortment
- Work with Design team to develop and critique the assortment including silhouette, print, graphic and color selection.
- Participate in weekly fittings with bottom line responsibility of style adoption and execution.
- Work with Design and R&D teams to drive innovation for our Plus customer
- Set target costs and negotiate product cost pricing, minimums, and delivery.
- Support corporate quality expectations
- For Size Exclusive styles, develop market positioning by program and style. Communicate style attributes including fit, performance, fabric, features and benefits.
- Work with Creative Team to execute compelling marketing media
- Manage the sample receipt process with a goal of on-time delivery
Who you are
- College Degree - BS/BA in Apparel/Fashion Merchandising
- 5+ years industry experience in Womens apparel, including merchandising, product development and private label background
- Strong eye for relevant and brand-appropriate product
- Project management, analytical and organizational skills with proficiency in Microsoft applications - Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Strong understanding of Womens apparel market and trends, performance experience a Plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication and follow-through skills
- Collaborative leadership skills and ability to work with diverse partners
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs