About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Digital Product Creation Manager is responsible for driving the implementation of digital product creation process across Gap Inc., as well as engage cross-functionally to identify opportunities to further evolve our current process and build new capabilities. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for delivering high quality products to customers. This candidate will possess relationship management skills, process and project management skills, a high degree of ownership and integrity, a high attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and be a great team player. The successful candidate must have a demonstrated ability to render apparel product in 3D and have a solid understanding of pattern making and garment construction. Candidates should have prior experience in 3D rendering, fit, pattern making, size grading, and garment construction with a top tier branded or vertical fashion retailer. This position requires a high level of technical, supervisory, leadership, process management and communication skills while developing and maintaining key talent.
What you'll do
- Develop resources to leverage 3D software to create and revise 3D apparel renderings
- Manage and maintain virtual fabric and trim libraries
- Liaise with Design and Brand Management teams to provide support for key meetings and milestones
- Research and apply emerging 3D technology to the product development process
- Lead software enhancement testing to validate and update Gap Inc. 3D workflow and standards
- Drive for continual improvement and innovation; sponsor newness
- Facilitate cross-brand ideation sessions with 3D SME’s to identify best of practice learnings and opportunities for software enhancements
- Collaborate with gap tech team on both ongoing and new products
- Develop and maintain a virtual fit protocol and standard
- Facilitate 2D and 3D training courses for Gap Inc. business partners
- Build 3D block library from existing 2D pattern library to support product development process
- Develop, modify, and maintain 3D Avatars to support all soft lines apparel categories
- Own physical fit foundation for the division including the evaluation of body size, shape and the relationship of clothing on the target body and the development of dress forms
- Foster an open communication and team environment with all business partners
- Help team resolve production, quality and costing issues by engaging business partners to ensure brand integrity
- Challenge business partners when appropriate to prevent re-work, redundancies, and inefficiency
- May include international travel up to 2 times per year
Who you are
- BA, AA or Certification in Apparel Manufacturing, Design, Patternmaking or equivalent
- 8+ years’ experience in the Apparel Industry including patternmaking and construction experience with full knowledge of total production timeline
- 3+ years’ of people management experience
- Proven track record in leading others to execute on an aligned business strategies driving results for the division year over year
- Expertise in fit and patterning making - including grading and construction manufacturing methods for multiple product types, categories and divisions
- Able to create and carry out development plans at all levels for growth and development
- Able to address poor performance promptly and effectively
- Superior verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way
- Superior interpersonal skills - works well as part of a cross-functional team and able to influence and interact at all levels of the organization including interfacing regularly with senior/executive leadership team
- Cultivate and maintain strong internal and external relationships with suppliers and business partners
- Strong computer skills – PLM, Illustrator, Photoshop, Gerber, Lectra, Optitex/3-D technology, Microsoft Office Suite
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs