About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
About the Role:
This role in the Global Transportation Operation Center, based in Erlanger, KY, will execute the inbound and outbound logistics tracking of domestic and international shipments. The Transportation Specialist is responsible to ensure the successful movement and processing of Gap Inc. inbound and outbound products from origin (domestic I.T.O.s) to our DC destinations and to final third part providers across the US. This position interacts with individuals both independently and in conjunction with other internal and external stakeholders. Performs key functions that directly impact our DCs and Stores to have the right product at the right time to sell to the end customer. The work performed by this GTOC Specialist role ensures the successful movement and processing of Gap Inc. product through US to our DCs and third-party providers; in support of both our Retail and Ecommerce business.
What You'll Do:
What you'll do
Responsible for the track & trace of Inbound and outbound ground freight shipments from multiple domestic origins to multiple domestic locations and Gap Inc. distribution centers across the US
Acts as critical business liaison on behalf of GTOC with all Operations teams and OB Third Party Providers, including but not limited to internal Transportation Teams: Ops, Planning, Brand Ops, Systems & Reporting, as well externally – Domestic Truckload and Rail Carriers, and ITO locations
Share with Operations leader the accountability for On-Time performance to meet or exceed capacity and service requirements
Participate in multiple cross functional teams to drive end to end track and trace execution to impact service performance and utilize system capabilities and available data to ensure effectiveness
Assist with key projects- providing support and analysis and communicate opportunities to maintain or improve service
Align daily decision-making and individual performance goals with business strategy and operating plan
Who you are
- Basic knowledge in the following areas- Shipping, Transportation and Logistics
- Strong phone presence, ability to problem solve & communicate clearly via phone. Escalate issues as needed
- Basic computer skills and ability to learn new systems
- Able to work non-traditional hours (shifts,weekends, & holidays) and adjust hours on short notice to flex with the needs of the business
- Ability to work under pressure with high sense of urgency and manage multiple priorities, maintain confidentiality and strong attention to detail/follow-up
- Experience: 2 years in Transportation, Logistics or Carrier Management (preferred)
- Education: degree preferred
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs