About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Curious about what makes a global retail business successful? Itching to jump-start your business career? Fascinated by trends and the ever-changing retail landscape? Check, check and check.
At Gap Inc. we know it’s important for future leaders to understand all facets of retail – from concept and design all the way to marketing and selling product to customers both in-store and online. That’s why we designed the inter-disciplinary Rotational Management Program (RMP) for college graduates who are filled-to-the-brim with opportunity and want to learn the retail business and understand the workings of a global company.
A highly competitive and fast-paced program, RMP is an eight-month training where you’ll rotate through Merchandising and Inventory Management and experience immersions in design, digital, production and stores. You’ll learn the ins and outs of Gap Inc. culture and receive hands-on business experience with brand leaders. We don’t stop there – you’ll also be assigned special projects that will allow you to directly influence the business and interact with senior management.
At the end of the program, successful participants will land a position to work as an Assistant Merchandiser or Inventory Planning Analyst.
The Rotational Management Program has two classes with start dates in Summer and Fall 2021.
Come show us what you’re made of. We’re ready to meet you.
What you'll do
- Learn to develop product strategies and improve customer experience to drive business results.
- Use strong analytical and critical thinking capabilities solve problems and make recommendations to positively impact the business.
- Deliver strong presentation, communication and negotiation skills to leaders at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities such as a strong point of view and willingness to take calculated risks.
- Organize multiple projects with strong attention to detail.
Who you are
Passionate and motivated about working in the fashion industry.
Identify as a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and desire to manage your own business in a fast-paced environment.
Able to collaborate with a team and other internal business partners to reach collective business goals.
Must be a college graduate or will receive a Bachelor's degree by Summer 2021.
Past retail experience is preferred, but not required.
REQUIREMENTS BEFORE YOU APPLY
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs