About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Do you have a passion for systems, operations and process? Are you interested in highly dynamic environment with business partners globally? This HR Analyst position may be the right fit for you! The HR Analyst plays a critical role in supporting our global HRMS system. This role requires strong foundational knowledge of the HR function and an affinity for business process management and optimization. This role is responsible for ensuring that our HR teams are supported with their ongoing system and process needs, provides consultation on business questions and issues, and is a partner on change management activities. The HR Analyst is accountable for understanding how the HRMS system interacts with related systems and how processes intersect and can help to support questions and troubleshoot issues that cross boundaries. This person will also support new system implementations through testing, training, and post project support.
What you'll do
- Support systems implementation projects from HR functional perspective as a business and systems analyst. Support the team throughout the whole project lifecycle from definition of business requirements, testing , implementation, training and change management.
- Possess functional expertise of HRMS system (PeopleSoft or HRMS equivalent) and experience with other HCM systems (i.e. Workday) to consult with business partners on use, change requests or system updates. Collaborates with stakeholders to understand business need and impacts of changes.
- You will be tenacious about details as you problem solve and manage the support mailbox.
- Maintain a working knowledge of other HR teams’ processes, data usage, and interactions with HRMS to make informed decisions and recommendations on how we better integrate our systems and processes. Identify solutions on how to optimize the usage of the data and integrations.
- Customer Focus will be top of mind as you research and resolve complex problems. Oversee and troubleshoot HRMS related issues and problem resolution. Identify root cause and trends to proactively drive long-term resolution.
- Demonstrate curiosity and be proactive in working with others on system enhancements and process improvements and training opportunities.
- Build and foster relationships with internal business partners to support our systems/tools. Act as a liaison for issue resolution that involves employee data but crosses system and functional partner boundaries. Participate in other HR technology projects as needed that require HRMS functional expertise.
- Execute training strategy for end users and support teams for on-going education and new implementations. Identify training opportunities for end users, and develop strategies to solve for the knowledge gaps.
Who you are
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Human Resources, or Business Management, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum three years global, enterprise-wide HRMS system support and training development and execution.
Experience rolling out, implementing, managing and supporting HRMS systems and integrations. The ideal candidate will have experience with PeopleSoft and Workday(Core HCM, Compensation and Absence).
Demonstrated high level of technical skills in select computer applications (MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and web usage.
Business and system analyst skills with demonstrated ability to support large, complex projects and to establish and achieve aggressive project objectives with tight timelines.
Experience providing ongoing support with strong customer service orientation. Experience successfully supporting complex business initiatives across multiple teams and/or functions.
Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills with the demonstrated ability to communicate in business relevant language. Excellent collaboration, influencing and problem resolution skills. Highly flexible, self-directed, self-motivated and adapts easily to a rapidly changing environment.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs