About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
The Senior Manager of Omnichannel Experience will play a key role in developing the omnichannel vision for Old Navy and identifying the capabilities required to deliver the long-range plan. Omnichannel strategy encompasses everything from reimagining today’s 4-wall operating model all the way through to defining and prioritizing critical digital and store capabilities for long-term investment. The strategy will be developed for all markets and channels, including stores, ecommerce and digital, in collaboration with key stakeholders. The Senior Manager will work closely with key stakeholders including; Marketing, Customer Insights, Innovation, Stores, Old Navy Online, and the Old Navy Leadership Team.
What you'll do
- Support the development of Old Navy’s long-term omnichannel strategic plan, including through quantitative and qualitative analyses (e.g., market and competitor assessments, financial performance analysis, customer journey mapping etc.) and partnering with cross-functional business partners. Examples of activities:
- Partner with cross functional teams across Old Navy, to determine the long-range priorities for omnichannel based on internal assessment and priorities, competitive benchmarking, and customer insights
- Work closely with business partners, identifying and communicating business issues, brand priorities and sharing best practices
- Identify key issues, structure problems, and develop workplans to drive insights
- Synthesize findings, build presentations, and develop action items and recommendations
- Support efforts to drive insights and build knowledge of key market, competitor, and customer dynamics. Examples of initiatives:
- Analyze competitor omnichannel strategies and performance to identify threats/opportunities
- Scope and implement consumer insights projects/analyze consumer insights data to test hypotheses and identify actionable opportunities for Old Navy
- Analyze emerging and potentially disruptive technologies and operating models and envision how Old Navy might leverage them to create a sustained competitive advantage
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, MBA preferred
- 7+ years of professional work experience, preferably within digital, retail, consumer products, or strategic management consulting
- Demonstrated track record as an outstanding problem-solver and strategic thinker
- Able to quickly identify key issues and develop hypotheses
- Able to work in and bring structure to ambiguous environments
- Deep understanding of how to link strategy to financial plans / business cases
- Strong written and oral communicator with proven ability to communicate with senior executives
- Strong retail business acumen
- Demonstrated understanding of retail and consumer-facing businesses
- Able to assess impact of decisions on overall business
- Excellent interpersonal and people leadership skills
- Able to collaborate effectively to drive desired results
- Able to identify barriers to successful implementation and capable of working with teams/leaders to mitigate barriers
- Very strong project and process management skills, including ability to independently disaggregate problems into defined workplans
- Able to effectively juggle multiple projects at one time
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently and to manage cross-functional business partners who are not direct line reports
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs