About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Senior Manager of Strategic Sourcing drives competitive advantage and value creation for Gap Inc. The Senior Manager will lead a team to develop category strategies in order to deliver consistent results in current areas under management, and will lead effective global category and implementation plans. The Senior Manager will identify new opportunities for savings and process improvement. The Senior Manager is responsible for developing strong and effective business partner relationships with leaders internally and externally that result in on-going strategic partnerships. The Senior Manager is responsible for developing the leadership and functional skills of their direct reports on their team.
What you'll do
- Provide over-sight, guidance, and leadership to Category Managers on sourcing strategies through strong technical/functional knowledge, in support of the business’ short-term and long-term plans. Has deep understanding of key strategic sourcing functions (supplier selection, marketing intelligence, business partner management, contract management, negotiations, SRM, etc.)
- Develop and empower talent: coaches and develops team on both technical and soft skills
- Build and strengthen strategic relationships: successfully partner across varied functions and levels with senior internal stakeholders, external suppliers, agencies and colleagues to drive results and influence change
- External Focus: Develop category knowledge and regularly leverage industry experts, associations, peers and stakeholders to identify and benchmark best practices
- Lead team to achieve defined category performance targets; hold vendors accountable to performance agreements and implement course corrections and mitigation strategies as needed
- Leverage strong influencing skills to define Strategic Sourcing’s role and align objectives and targets with stakeholders, including senior leadership
- Subject matter expert to the broader category teams in the development of plans for implementation and change management for projects
- Act as a change agent to drive Strategic Sourcing process, scale and leverage opportunities
Who you are
- Business Acumen: category expertise in the following categories (ie. Transportation, Logistics, Construction, Facilities Maintenance, etc)
- Talent Builder: Proven track record of developing functional and leadership capabilities in others and across a global organization
- Strategic Orientation: experience leveraging business acumen, market intelligence, and insight to influence and drive strategic impact across a portfolio of categories. Proven ability to assess and adapt to dynamic business environment
- Sourcing Capability: experience leading a team and/or complex, global project to drive short and long-term results through category strategies, leveraging in-depth market knowledge, collaboration and influencing at all levels of a global organization
- Personal Leadership: demonstrated executive presence, presentation, influencing, and collaboration across a leadership team
- Drive for Results: Demonstrated ability to effectively navigate and lead others in an ambiguous environment to achieve high levels of performance and deliver sustainable results to the team
- Change Leadership: experience leading with and without authority to influence others and drive decision-making
- Experience: 7 + years professional experience in management consulting, strategic sourcing, or supply chain
- Education: Advanced degree preferred
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs