About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
As the Senior Manager of Product Quality, you are Old Navy’s product quality ambassador. This position is responsible for leading Old Navy’s quality standards, preserving and improving our customer quality experience. You will be the voice of product quality by managing fabric quality standards and quality issues at source, in the DC’s or in store. You will partner with cross functional product teams to identify opportunities for continuous product development, where manufacturing quality and execution can be improved.
What you'll do
- Leverages fabric and textile technical knowledge, including testing to support product decisions.
- Interprets customer feedback for Old Navy based on the analysis of VOC, Returns, and GIS quality metrics: Identifies and prioritizes measurable actions for quality actions.
- Escalates potential quality issues from all sources of risk management (e.g. Stores, DC’s, Customer Feedback (VOC), Cross functional partners and risk reviews)
- Initiates market investigations and acting on and driving conclusions where applicable with cross functional teams.
- Manages Quality Reporting and partners with Production Strategy to consolidate all customer quality insights into meaningful metrics to drive quality improvements and future decision making
- Risk review
- Partners with GIS Quality management on maintaining fabric performance standards and testing protocols for Old Navy; manages the review process and approved changes to achieve brand standards
- Facilitates the failure escalations to resolutions
- Implements all quality initiatives in partnership with Technical Design, Production and GIS Quality Management teams (i.e. designs and implements quality processes and best practices into the Old Navy product development processes)
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred in textile design or product design
- 10+ years in textile industry or garment manufacturing and production.
- Strong technical knowledge of fabric and textile testing / reporting. Wash and finishes of yarns and garments.
- Knowledge of product construction and quality inspections is desirable
- Strong communication skills - ability to influence and build consensus across multiple functions
- Proven ability to work closely and partner effectively with cross functional teams
- Proven technical knowledge in testing and protocol management for apparel + fabric manufacturing
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to regularly interface with and influence senior management
- Ability to travel throughout U.S. and internationally as required
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs