About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
In this role you'll work front and center in defining the best path forward for our company. Through rigorous analyses, focus on our customers, creative thinking, and deep partnership with the business, we develop the strategic direction for our portfolio of brands. We are responsible for the definition and evolution of our overall corporate strategy, for identifying organic and inorganic growth opportunities where we can create structural advantage, and for preparing and supporting our C-Level executives for key stakeholders meetings. You will be in charge of driving critical projects to advance our priorities, growth, and long range plans. You will lead workstreams for Corporate and Brand strategic efforts, including special projects for the CEO and Leadership Team. Your goal is to drive long-term, value creation through deep partnership with leaders and stakeholders across the company.
What You'll Do
- Drive Gap Inc Corporate Strategy initiative identification, planning, and success. Activities include: identifying key issues, structuring problems, developing and delivering on workplans that drive value creation across Gap Inc brands; performing quantitative and qualitative analysis, including analyzing data, creating financial models, and conducting market and competitive research; synthesizing findings, developing a storyline and the supporting materials to communicate recommendations to Senior Management and Leadership Team
- Serve as a strategic partner as Brands develop annual Long Range Plans
- Support cross functional business partners with analytical insights and problem solving
- Build cross functional partnerships and consensus
- Mentor and lead team members through Corporate and Brand strategic efforts, including special projects for the CEO and Leadership Team.
- Influence strategy for area/team
Who You Are
- Experience in returns or reverse logistics
- Experience working in a matrixed environment
- Professional work experience, preferably with experience in apparel, retail, management consulting, or private equity
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills, with ability to oversee and provide direction to more junior team members Strong business acumen related to consumer facing businesses and ability to assess impact of decisions on overall business performance
- Demonstrated track record as an outstanding problem solver and strategic thinker – able to work in the details and click up a level to grasp the “big picture”
- Strength in written and oral communication with proven ability to connect with senior executives
- Able to translate complex ideas and dispersed information into simple, actionable recommendations
- Ability to drive change management and project manage critical initiatives
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the seventeenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2021 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the fourth year in a row.
Browse all jobs